Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weatherman5151
    • Nov 2011

Propecia vs Finasteride

Hi. I've been on Propecia for about 12 years. Doing well. It's getting expensive though. Now, Propecia comes in 1mg dosages and Finasteride, much cheaper, comes in 5 mg dosages. Is it as good to buy finasteride and cut it into 4 pieces and take over 5 days? Anyone doing this??

Thanks!!
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Of course. It is the same thing. Thing is finasteride (as brand name proscar) went through trials for the prostate and it was decided 5mg was a good effective dose. They realised it seemed to have a good effect on hair. In the 90s finasteride (as propecia) went through trials for MPB. They decided on 1mg as an effective dose. It's the same thing so you might as well take the less expensive option and save a little.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

I made a Youtube video a while back 25, 000 views. Seems many guys cut Proscar

Excatly same drug - Finasteride

Best
      SPEX
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...