Clear All
  • sausage
    • Jan 2012

Update Propecia and Minox

3 and a half months of......

Propecia 1 tablet a day.
    Minox 2 squirts of foam a day.

Nothing. No symptoms, no improvement.

I thought this was a load of old bollox before I started on this stuff, It's turning out to be the case.

In 2 and a half months I will confirm if it is a load of old bollox or not.

See you then.
  • mpb47
    • Apr 2012

propecia takes a long time to work, even if you get good results. The first time I was on it, it took 9 months before I knew it was working in the back. Just don't give up so soon.

Comment

• john2399
      • Jan 2012

Propecia and rogaine are the only things that work. Everything else is a scam.

Comment

• neversaynever
        • Dec 2011

Was researching "big 3" threads tonight. Alot of guys didnt see improvements until well after 6 months. Some guys had continued improvements 2 years later.

Quite a few diffuse guys seemed to have near full heads of hair eventually.

May sound stupid, but stay positive. If you're not getting sides, and not shedding like crazy...then dont think about it. Just see what happens.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sausage

Propecia 1 tablet a day.

I thought this was a load of old bollox before I started on this stuff, It's turning out to be the case.

See you then.
          Don't panic man, you're in early stages. Some guys need 12 months or longer before they know if fin is working for them.
          Unfortunately the company literature that says you'll see improvements after 6 months, for many men if not most, is nonsense.
          Good luck.

Comment

• Kirby_
            • Jan 2012

I'm far worse state at 7 months on Propeica than I was at baseline... But I guess I'll have to keep going to at least 12 months to see what develops. It's tough. A literal ordeal.

Comment

• ravegrover
              • Jan 2011

It is best to take pictures at start of treatment (or even now) & then take more every 3 - 4 months to review progress. With that said, one should continue treatment for at least 12 months and, preferably, add Nizoral shampoo to treatment.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

**** this we need better treatments - 20 years with just rubbish minox and bullshit propecia is awful.

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Propecia 1 tablet a day.

It takes 12 full months before you will know if Propecia is working for you or not. It takes much longer before you will know if you will be able to regrow any hair or not.

It takes four to six months before you will know if Rogaine is working for you. It takes 12 to 18 months before you will know if the regrown hair is going to be cosmetically significant.

Six months is not long enough. Read my comments above.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Kirby_
                    I'm far worse state at 7 months on Propeica than I was at baseline...
                    I've seen your pictures. You are not worse than baseline at all, much less "far worse".

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                      **** this we need better treatments - 20 years with just rubbish minox and BS propecia is awful.
                      These treatments work. They would not have received FDA approval if they did not work. They may not work as well as you would like - but they still work. Sure we all want something better - but for now this is what we have to work with. You do the best you can with what you've got - until something better comes along.

Comment

• Kirby_
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                        I've seen your pictures. You are not worse than baseline at all, much less "far worse".
                        The photos I posted are very low resolution. The regular high-res photos I take to check my progress show me worse than baseline - people who see me daily even comment on that fact. I'll keep going with Propecia to see if it reverses the shed, but I have shed more than I imagined I would before starting that treatment.

I agree with UK_ that existing treatments are terrible, they're almost on the level of blood-letting and leaches. Better than having nothing, I guess. Just frustrating how little progress there has been in the last 20 years.

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

I agree with UK_ that existing treatments are terrible...
                          Without the existing treatments, we would have absolutely nothing. I know guys have this all or nothing attitude about it. Women see things quite a bit differently. We will take every little bit of help we can get - because every little bit does help.

Comment

• Kirby_
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                            Without the existing treatments, we would have absolutely nothing.
                            I know. It's not so much the fact that we only have a few things as recognised treatments that bothers me, it's the limitations of those treatments... And lack of progress in terms of getting new stuff. Is depressing the longer I spend on hairloss forums, and realise from dredged-up old discussions how much has already been and gone. By that I don't just mean the blatant snake oil, I mean products that got to FDA trials and so forth then failed or not emerged at the end. I'm getting rather pessimistic for whether stuff like Histogen or CB-03-01 will ever be available.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

The photos I posted are very low resolution. The regular high-res photos I take to check my progress show me worse than baseline - people who see me daily even comment on that fact. I'll keep going with Propecia to see if it reverses the shed, but I have shed more than I imagined I would before starting that treatment.

I agree with UK_ that existing treatments are terrible, they're almost on the level of blood-letting and leaches. Better than having nothing, I guess. Just frustrating how little progress there has been in the last 20 years.
                              I think if your hairloss is stable before touching propecia, then it is best not to touch it to begin with.

What you have gone through is my fear with propecia

Comment

Working...