Is there really a point in taking Biotin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldbondmafia
    • Oct 2011

Is there really a point in taking Biotin?

All it does is grow you hair (and nails) faster, not thicker...therefore does it serve any other benefits for people with thinning hair?
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Some people swear by it when growing out transplants but does it do anything for thinning hair? I highly doubt it. The whole supplement industry is a bit sketchy. A lot of BS really. With a decent diet you'll get your RDA for everything. I'd pass on it.

Comment

• goldbondmafia
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
      Some people swear by it when growing out transplants but does it do anything for thinning hair? I highly doubt it. The whole supplement industry is a bit sketchy. A lot of BS really. With a decent diet you'll get your RDA for everything. I'd pass on it.
      Ye it would make sense to take after a hair transplant in order to grow your new hair fast or if you get a bad haircut for example and want your flow back...other then that i dont think theres a point..

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
        Inactive
        • Jan 2012

I was on biotin on and off for weeks to months..
        Higest doses - 10,000 units daily.
        I sadly can't say it did anything visible during this time.
        Might be good as an additional supplement but don't look for miracles in biotin, that would be the advice from my own experience.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

Yes it is good, and MSM as well. Not for hair loss, but I think if you're using Finasteride and Minoxidil or the big 3, if you use Biotin/MSM I think what ever hair is gonna regrow, Biotin/MSM can speed it up.

That's just what I think, using common sense.

Comment

• Jan 2012

I think it does help

Improve your health, lifestyle, diet & nutrition with hair removal news, facts, tips, & other information. Educate yourself about hair removal & help yourself and others live a more...

Comment

Working...