Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ponken
    • Aug 2010

ISHRS VS IAHRS Help!!

I'm very confused everyone says pick a doctor whos a member of IAHRS but there are two different charters ISHRS & IAHRS please help!!

One is The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons http://www.iahrs.org/

The other is The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
    Over 2000 international physicians dedicated to the highest standards of patient outcomes, dedicated to hair restoration, hair transplantation & hair loss.

what if your doctor is a member of one group and not the other

please give advice but please dont show a bias post the facts thank you
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Both are excellent organizations but serve different functions. The ISHRS, which I joined years ago, does many things including offering educational and research meetings for doctors and their staff's interested in Hair work. I got a grant from them last year to study vascularization of hair grafts.

IAHRS on the otherhand is more focused to consumers allowing a forum for educating the patient population of options and allowing doctors to present cases for review. Additionally, doctors can present representative cases for review by the IAHRS staff, and along with letters of recommendation and actual patient interviews by the IAHRS, selected doctors can become recognized for providing quality care.

So in summary, you may want to look at both "lists" and consider someone on both to interview and see if that doctor is right for you.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Winston
      • Mar 2009

This is what I found online describing the difference between the IAHRS and the ISHRS. It's from WebMD.
      A detailed explanation of the credentials, education, and affiliations a hair restoration surgeon may cite as qualifications for performing hair restoration surgery.

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

Good Post Dr L.

Doc i posted a reply to your recent topic in results section but for some reason its not showing - kudos!
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• PayDay
          • Nov 2008

I think Webmd wrote the difference in a very polite way. The IAHRS is where the best hair transplant doctors in the world are and the ISHRS allows all doctors in both good the very bad. You can not depend on that website to pick a hair transplant doctor and I do not think belonging to the ISHRS means much as anyone can get in.

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Dec 2008

hey, that is pretty close to what i said, although stated more eloquently.

Dr. L
            William Lindsey, MD
            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
            View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• ponken
              • Aug 2010

ty

Thank you all for your comments

Comment

Working...