X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rysker6
    • Apr 2018

Generic Propecia

Hello all,

Longtime lurker here and this is my first post, sorry if Im breaking some rule. To tell a brief version of my story, I began losing my hair around 22 and have continued on since. I was on Rogaine for around 4 years and feel it slowed down my hair loss about 90ish percent, but wanted to give Finasteride a try. I know this is a controversial topic round these parts, but, what are the more reputable generic brands for Finasteride? Ive looked up a ton and have gotten mixed results. Thanks for any help.
  • Geo88
    • Mar 2018

It's all the same, used both and had same results with generic

Comment

• rysker6
      • Apr 2018

Really? Ive read a lot online about various companies regarding the remaining I think it's 6/7% of filler and how that effects a generic combination of finasteride vs Propecia.

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

In the States, at least, it's my understanding that there is absolutely no difference between a generic drug and the brand name, particularly if you're going to a reputable pharmacy.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• hova82
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by rysker6
          Hello all,

Longtime lurker here and this is my first post, sorry if Im breaking some rule. To tell a brief version of my story, I began losing my hair around 22 and have continued on since. I was on Rogaine for around 4 years and feel it slowed down my hair loss about 90ish percent, but wanted to give Finasteride a try. I know this is a controversial topic round these parts, but, what are the more reputable generic brands for Finasteride? Ive looked up a ton and have gotten mixed results. Thanks for any help.
          My doctor told me that they have seen better results with Proscar. He is a doctor talked about on here often and I had no reason not to believe him. I have been on generic fin for about 5-6 years and switched to Propecia 2 months ago. When I switched I noticed dry mouth, hair sensitivity, and a little different overall. I am not sensitive to medications, but I did notice this. My thoughts are it's possible my body noticed the change in drug as there was nothing else I changed during this time.

Comment

Working...