Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TML1991
    • Dec 2017

Worried about my hair

A barber brought up how my hairline looked receded a few days ago. It's been on my mind constantly since then. Part of me thinks this is nothing to be too worried about, as I have had this hairline for almost seven years, and it hasn't changed much at all and is still thick, while another part of me is in panic mode and obsessing over it.

Here is my progression since 2010, part of me is terrified that's it MPB, while the more rational, calm part of me think it's just a mature hairline, as it hasn't changed very much. I am 26, by the way.

spring

last month

What do you guys think about this?
  • icloroxi
    • Nov 2017

Yes it seems that maybe it is a little bit receded although it's not very bad considering how many years it took. It could just be a maturing hairline like you said.

Maybe try seeing a dermatologist to put your mind to rest? And if you do so then do a bit of research on minoxodil and finasteride-(propecia) before hand because they're most likely going to be recommended if it is MPB.

Comment

• incider
      • Dec 2015

Yes, you have a slowly receding hairline. You can get away with it now, but it will be really noticeable in a few years time if you don't do anything about it. Also, consider that if the rate of loss speeds up you are going to end up looking like Pete Sampras further down the line.

Comment

• TML1991
        • Dec 2017

What should be done about it?

Comment

• BaldBearded
          • Jan 2017

I believe you are beyond the maturing stage, and if your hair were shorter, it would be a more obvious Norwood 2/3.

Comment

• RobertBrown
            • Jun 2017

It looks like a deep NW2 to me. If you're that scared you should try Minoxidil and Nizoral for a couple of months, see how it goes

Comment

Working...