• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LosingHairSucks
    • Jun 2016

Doctor said i cant have a hair transplant done

hello guys

its my first ever post and i need you guys to help me here

i recently went to a hair transplant surgeon here in jeddah/saudiarabia cuz i want to get a hair transplant done.. after years of fighting baldness and waiting for the ''cure'' i figured i cant wait to the point where i go completely bald and would have no other choice but to deal with it

so i went to see this doctor for a consultation and the fee itself to go and talk to him cost me a premium price

this doctor here also does other beauty and rejuvenation stuff too like botox and facelift

as soon as this doctor came over and saw my hair from the top and from the back he said ''i cant do a hair transplantation on you..u dont have enough donor hair'' thats what he said

i've seen guys with thimble size follicles with hair get a hair transplant

he also said that i would need a transplant from my body hair to which he said that he cant to that either.. he recommended some other doctor from la who can do it

instead he tried to sell me prp injection and said that it would work on me

and this is the doctor that i picked up from the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery http://www.ishrs.org/

so i think that this guy was a total waste of time, money and a jack of all trade

i'm going to post the picture of donor area the back that i took right after i exited that clinic under the very bright lights and want u guys to decide

thank u guys

Last edited by LosingHairSucks; 09-26-2017, 06:48 PM. Reason: image in a wrong angle
  • Sean
    • Jan 2011

kaifa haal? , That doctor did you a huge favor if he/she confirmed you cant have one done. Have you looked into meds to see if they regrow hair after a year of use? Hope this does not happen, but If your hair transplant goes bad, would you have enough donor to fix the situation? You do not want to waste thousands of dollars and try to get repaired. Right now, i dont think I would not suggest body hair nor nape hair. If you have enough beard hair, you may be able to help the crown. Id advise against a hair transplant for now until you at least check with doc and try meds. Try getting a consult with some other docs too. Have you researched any in Belgium that also specialize in alternative hair sources? Its good to get online consults to see what some docs may say. Best of luck

Comment

• Kyle Kneeland
      Doctor Representative
      • Mar 2017

It's hard to tell based on a single picture. But, it does look fairly thin in the back and I have no idea how many grafts you'd need for your crown/front without seeing those areas, but it sounds like you'd need a lot. I don't think the doctor is wrong but if you disagree it never hurts to have a second (or third or fourth) consultation with other doctors.
      I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
      My opinions are my own.

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

Tbh, I think it's a good sign that the doctor was upfront and honest enough with you to not book you for a hair transplant, and it would make me take his advice very seriously. There are a ton of unethical doctors out there who would work on you anyway, and you would end up paying the price and regretting it. Check out the doctor he recommended, set up consultations with other ones you've vetted as well, and take all their input into consideration. It could be that you're not a good candidate at all, or it could be that you're simply a challenging case and this doctor was ethical enough to be honest about his limitations.

Comment

• Hairhope4ever
          • Mar 2017

This can be interpreted in both a good or bad way. Good in the sense that this doctor may be an ethcial one, thus he does not feel a transplanted for you is merited at the moment. It may be bad in the sense that he may be under qualified to do this procedure, and is spinning it off as you not needing a procedure at this time.

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

• LosingHairSucks
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Sean
            kaifa haal? , That doctor did you a huge favor if he/she confirmed you cant have one done. Have you looked into meds to see if they regrow hair after a year of use? Hope this does not happen, but If your hair transplant goes bad, would you have enough donor to fix the situation? You do not want to waste thousands of dollars and try to get repaired. Right now, i dont think I would not suggest body hair nor nape hair. If you have enough beard hair, you may be able to help the crown. Id advise against a hair transplant for now until you at least check with doc and try meds. Try getting a consult with some other docs too. Have you researched any in Belgium that also specialize in alternative hair sources? Its good to get online consults to see what some docs may say. Best of luck
            i am going to see another doctor

also recently i switched to dutatseride 0.5mg day because i didnt see much improvment with fin

i'll keep this thread goin with my updates as it goes
            Last edited by LosingHairSucks; 10-01-2017, 08:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• THECOMEBACKKID12345
              • Jul 2017

Can u please mention your age and show pics of your front hairline

Comment

• LosingHairSucks
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Kyle Kneeland
                It's hard to tell based on a single picture. But, it does look fairly thin in the back and I have no idea how many grafts you'd need for your crown/front without seeing those areas, but it sounds like you'd need a lot. I don't think the doctor is wrong but if you disagree it never hurts to have a second (or third or fourth) consultation with other doctors.
                man i dont care how many hair transplant it would take..as i couldnt live with a head that has a bald spot

as per the doctor that i went to.. i think he's just copping out and all he wants to do is make consultation money

i've got friends who are norwood class v and they get a hair transplant (although it required them several procedures) but they did it nonetheless and now they got a full head of hair

i am going to see another doc and i'll keep u guys updated

Comment

• LosingHairSucks
                  • Jun 2016

Originally posted by pkipling
                  Tbh, I think it's a good sign that the doctor was upfront and honest enough with you to not book you for a hair transplant, and it would make me take his advice very seriously. There are a ton of unethical doctors out there who would work on you anyway, and you would end up paying the price and regretting it. Check out the doctor he recommended, set up consultations with other ones you've vetted as well, and take all their input into consideration. It could be that you're not a good candidate at all, or it could be that you're simply a challenging case and this doctor was ethical enough to be honest about his limitations.

Comment

• madhuri
                    • Oct 2017

I can relate to your experience. Hair treatment services are damn expensive and the success rate is too low. Honestly, I have stopped believing that there could be a possible day when hair transplant would be done with more than 90% success rate.

I have seen myself and my friends, just wasting their money with the hope of getting back their hair. Sad :/

Comment

• john123
                      • Jul 2017

you and your friends have all had bad hair transplants? did it just not re-grow when it was transplanted. i thought the success rate was higher.

Comment

• JoeTillman
                        • Jul 2014

LosingHairSucks,

I read this thread and I think that while the doctor did a good thing to turn you away I think that he should also maybe have spent more time explaining the challenges of working with thin donor areas.

First, my impression is that your donor area should be better defined for what it is. You have coarse hair but the density is low. This means you have fewer hairs available to move and fewer procedures available before your donor is depleted when compared to the average patient. Donor depletion does not just mean you can't have any more surgery, it means your donor area will probably look very unnatural with ultra-low density and/or the patchiness that may arise due to unnatural extraction patterns.

Second, your logic makes no sense regarding why the doctor may have turned you down. Do you think it makes more financial sense to have you coming back for maybe two or three consultations or one consultation and then surgery? I just don't see the business model in consultations. Consultations that have a fee usually do so because it prevents patients from coming in that aren't serious about having a procedure. As a former consultant, I can attest to the fact that if consultations are free, more people will sign up but most of them will not be serious about the procedure or they are there only for a prescription for finasteride. A consultation fee tells the clinic, usually, that the patient is serious about having a procedure and that they have done their own research before spending the money for a consultation. That is the idea, anyway, if the clinic has set up their website properly to encourage research.

Finally, you said "man i dont care how many hair transplant it would take..as i couldnt live with a head that has a bald spot...". How would you feel if you got the bald spot taken care of, and used all of your donor hair in the process, and you lost more hair and didn't have enough hair to address it? Would you shave and move on? That option would probably no longer be valid since you'd have the scar(s) from the surgery. If strip, you'd have the linear scar. If FUE, you'd have a few thousand dot scars. Is that better than having a bald spot? I believe that this is why the doctor turned you away. This isn't a short term fix. It is a long term investment of time and donor management, not to mention money.

The doctor was right to offer you non-surgical alternatives and if you aren't taking medication you should consider it. Without it, it is guaranteed that you'll lose more hair. With treatment, you may gain more hair, reduce the number of grafts needed to get you where you want to be, thereby making you a better overall candidate for one or more procedures. For every one doctor that says no to you, there are ten more that will say yes, meaning, most of them want your money and don't give a shit about your long term prospects. Remember that.
                        Joe Tillman
                        The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                        See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• LosingHairSucks
                          • Jun 2016

i think the success rates of the hair transplant depends on the surgeon one would choose..the better the surgeon. the better are your chances on getting your moneys worth

see am not gonna sit and wait for something new to come up... i'll just use the money i saved to improve my hair with whatever that is available to me.. and in this case hair transplantation surgery

there is no way that am gonna embrace baldness and just shave my head and live with a image i dont like... cuz thats what most of the guys would do

not me

PS i am going to get a hair transplant done next week

Comment

• Kyle Kneeland
                            Doctor Representative
                            • Mar 2017

I can't believe any doctor would agree to that, your donor area is gonna look really sparse. But good luck anyways.
                            I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
                            My opinions are my own.

Comment

• JoeTillman
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by LosingHairSucks
                              i think the success rates of the hair transplant depends on the surgeon one would choose..the better the surgeon. the better are your chances on getting your moneys worth

see am not gonna sit and wait for something new to come up... i'll just use the money i saved to improve my hair with whatever that is available to me.. and in this case hair transplantation surgery

there is no way that am gonna embrace baldness and just shave my head and live with a image i dont like... cuz thats what most of the guys would do

not me

PS i am going to get a hair transplant done next week
                              Of course the chances of success are higher with clinics that have better reputations. But there are two points to consider.

1. All clinics have bad results so don't believe otherwise.
                              2. No clinic can make more donor hair appear out of thin air.

Regardless, it sounds like you're Hell bent on doing this so I wish you all the luck in the world. Btw, what kind of clinic can accept you for surgery and have an opening a week later? Was it a "last minute opening" or was that even mentioned?
                              Joe Tillman
                              The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                              See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...