X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

Eucapil (fluridil)

Anyone know anything about this?

It seems decent and quite legit. I have not done much research online yet.

Anyone mind looking into this with me? It does seem to work. Just not sure how well and if it is worth it.
  • mlao
    • Oct 2009

I have been using it for a month, so far Nothing yet, I will keep you posted it it works.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
      • Mar 2010

cool, thanks

It doesn't really seem very popular for something that does work i wonder why.

works only minimally i know

Curious if this can be used with rogaine and so on

Do you use other products?

why did you start using this? where did you hear about it?

Comment

• Red20
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KeepTheHair
        Anyone know anything about this?

It seems decent and quite legit. I have not done much research online yet.

Anyone mind looking into this with me? It does seem to work. Just not sure how well and if it is worth it.

I love it!

I hate Minoxidil's greasy feeling and Fluridil goes on easy and doesn't leave a residue.

I started using Avodart last year and went through a terrible shed. Once I started using Fluridil the shedding stopped.

I love the stuff.

Comment

• mlao
          • Oct 2009

I use rogaine and propecia and the eucapil only on my hairline. On their website they talk about using it with rogaine but I decided to use it on my hairline alone to see if it was effective on its own.
          You have to put it on a dry scalp so you can't combine it with rogaine at the same time.
          I read about it on Dr Rassman's website when the company that makes it corrected him on the theory behind it.
          I have been using it for about six weeks. Nothing to speak of yet.
          If it does anything I will let you know.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
            • Mar 2010

red20:

COuldn't it all be happenstance though?

Did you use finasteride prior to using dutasteride?

Are you still on avodart?

Comment

• KeepTheHair
              • Mar 2010

mlao:

Can't you apply rogaine on the front and then once it dries use eucapil also?

How long do you have to use it to know if it works?

Are there any good clinical trials on it with some statistics and numbers to show how effective it is and in how many people?

Comment

• mlao
                • Oct 2009

I wanted to know if it was effective by itself so I am experimenting on the hairline first. In the instructions there was no specified amount of time to see results.

I could not find any clinical trials on it but like I say if it works I will tell everyone about it.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                  • Mar 2010

Topical fluridil is nonirritating, nonsensitizing, nonresorbable, devoid of systemic activity, and anagen promoting after daily use in most AGA males.

It definitely seems to do something good. It fights against DHT, which we want it to do. Which will help us keep our hair etc.

Also, from another study that I read/found on a site it also states that the anagen phase is longer, and that more hairs are present in this phase. It also decreases the number of hairs in the telogen(resting) phase. This is a very good thing. At the end of a telogen phase hairs will shed. The hairs that you shed everyday have just completed this cycle. Fluridil seems to help this entire process while also fighting against DHT.

It definitely seems like something I am willing to give a shot in the future.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                    • Mar 2010

Oh btw from wiki:

Hair growth cycle times

anagen phase, 2–3 years (occasionally much longer)
                    catagen phase, 2–3 weeks
                    telogen phase, around 3 months

Soooo, as you can see... you don't really want hairs in the telogen phase because they will shed after roughly 3 months. So, if this can be avoided then you will end up having more hair on your head. So, if you can keep hair in the growth/anagen phase then you will have a fuller look.

I think this is definitely worth trying out. Especially if it can be used together with rogaine. Though I am currently trying rogaine myself.

fluridil degrades in water, so you cant apply it then rogaine...or shower once you apply fluridil. But perhaps you can apply rogaine, then fluridil?

I wonder

(edit: damn I keep saying also, so sososososo also :P)

Comment

• hairloss246
                      • May 2015

Eucapil—checking in

Hi all,

Anyone used Eucapil? If so, would you recommend it? Was it successful at (a) preventing further hair loss and (b) stimulating hair regrowth?

Thanks!

Comment

• jamesst11
                        • Jun 2014

this thread was started 5 years ago... I strongly believe in the idea that if a product actually yields worthwhile results, then it would be HUGE by now. I wouldn't waste your time or money.

Comment

• Klon
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by hairloss246
                          Hi all,

Anyone used Eucapil? If so, would you recommend it? Was it successful at (a) preventing further hair loss and (b) stimulating hair regrowth?

Thanks!
                          I have used Fluridil (Eucapil) for the last 3-4 years (on-off). It was my only treatment since I won't use an internal anti-androgen like Propecia (finasteride) and had bad experience with minoxidil. The good things about it - no side effects (I believe though the alcohol in Eucapil can be harsh for some ). It reduces the MPB inflammation. It halts the shedding almost completely. Easy to use. The bad things about it. It doesn't stop the process of MPB by itself. Weak treatment to stand alone. Minimal if any regrowth. Drys your hair in the long run. Expensive. Hydrophobic.

Comment

• clsm
                            • Jul 2023

Anyone use the 5%, 8% or 10% versions?

Comment

Working...