Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PongLenis
    • Sep 2015

Interesting Follicept Pictures

Short and sweet: 2 Pics from follicept, first one is Devons last updated pic of his temple before he passed away and the other is from week 14 same temple. Whenever i post pictures on this forum it makes them smaller and the resolution is poor so if you want to see better pice go to follicepts website and look at them full size.
    In the first pic you can see small hairs popping out all around devons temple (i had to zoom in to see them but they are there) and in all the previous weeks nothing, slick bald temple. I know this might be nothing but i thought it was worth noting since this was around the 5 month mark which is a realistic timeline for a hair treatment to START showing growth. Note that i AM NOT talking about the large hairs hanging down from his hairline, these hairs are small and just coming out of the skin.
    Any suggestions on what this might be? Lighting etc?
    Attached Files
  • PongLenis
    • Sep 2015

yeah the resolution on those is REALLY bad, not sure why. if you want to see the hairs i recommend you take 2 minutes and go to follicepts website in devons folder, the first pic is near the top of the page and it is a right temple pic, click and zoom in. These hairs are all over his temple that was slick bald in all other previous weeks

Comment

• Occulus
      • Dec 2013

LOL - major growth there! Can we be done with this scam nonsense now?

Comment

• PongLenis
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Occulus
        LOL - major growth there! Can we be done with this scam nonsense now?
        I uhh, was expecting maybe someone would give me some serious input since i was genuinely curious but all i seem to get around here is a lot of bitter people responding very bitterly haha

Comment

• bibi
          • Sep 2015

Dude, by the position of the little red dot, we can clearly see that the angle is not the same, giving you the illusion of "more regrowth"..Unfortunatly there is maybe two or three more hair thats all.

Comment

• JayM
            • Apr 2015

I think he wants you to look directly at the scalp not the grown hairs which are long. They are obviously just not caught by his hand. His scalp has lots of vellus hairs. Not more I can say really.

Comment

• PongLenis
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by bibi
              Dude, by the position of the little red dot, we can clearly see that the angle is not the same, giving you the illusion of "more regrowth"..Unfortunatly there is maybe two or three more hair thats all.
              Yeah im guessing you didn't read what i posted, I'm not talking about the large hairs, obviously large hairs like that aren't going to pop out of nowhere. Im talking about the small hairs popping up all over his scalp. Probably nothing but i thought maybe someone with more knowledge on hairless/growth could tell me if these small hairs are nothing or possibly something.

Comment

• Hubris
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by PongLenis
                Yeah im guessing you didn't read what i posted, I'm not talking about the large hairs, obviously large hairs like that aren't going to pop out of nowhere. Im talking about the small hairs popping up all over his scalp. Probably nothing but i thought maybe someone with more knowledge on hairless/growth could tell me if these small hairs are nothing or possibly something.
                Possibly something, but nothing worth looking at.

Comment

• PongLenis
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Hubris
                  Possibly something, but nothing worth looking at.
                  Isn't that kind of a backwards statement, if its possibly something then its definitely worth taking a further look at, not like there is a bunch of other stuff coming any time soon.

Comment

• Hairmore
                    • Oct 2015

These small hairs are still some impressive result for just 14 weeks of treatment. The question is if these follicles there will become strong enough. So, perhaps this is really nothing too impressive.

Comment

• Hubris
                      • Jul 2015

Isn't that kind of a backwards statement, if its possibly something then its definitely worth taking a further look at, not like there is a bunch of other stuff coming any time soon.
                      There are some tiny vellus hairs there which appear to be new. However, it's not impressive enough to warrant further attention. So no, it's not a backwards statement.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                        • Aug 2015

If these new weak hairs actually exist, I'd call that something encouraging... so... add another ingredient?

Comment

• PongLenis
                          • Sep 2015

There are some tiny vellus hairs there which appear to be new. However, it's not impressive enough to warrant further attention. So no, it's not a backwards statement.
                          Fair enough, i don't know much about hair loss tbh, but at the 5 month mark there are small hairs popping up all over his temple, whether or not these would fully mature we don't know since he past away. But i think to discredit it all together is kind of silly since this board is created to discuss possibilities like this. Maybe follicept has a decent treatment, maybe not, maybe they are a small piece away. Just food for thought

Comment

• Hubris
                            • Jul 2015

Fair enough, i don't know much about hair loss tbh, but at the 5 month mark there are small hairs popping up all over his temple, whether or not these would fully mature we don't know since he past away. But i think to discredit it all together is kind of silly since this board is created to discuss possibilities like this. Maybe follicept has a decent treatment, maybe not, maybe they are a small piece away. Just food for thought
                            We can currently see better results with derma rolling or by clicking on someone's blog. Nothing to be excited about I'm afraid.

Comment

• unbalding
                              • Sep 2014

We can currently see better results with derma rolling or by clicking on someone's blog. Nothing to be excited about I'm afraid.
                              Agreed. If you have to inspect it that closely after this much time to see if it is working, it is not working.

Comment

Working...