X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alitaher2009
    • Jul 2014

Topical Cetrizine for hair loss

hii guys, i am starting a new topical Cetrizine regime for my hair loss
    As i am a student RU and OC is way out of my budget.

My 30 ml cet mix with sterile water, Directly applying the sol using minoxidil 1ml dropper, i am not separating any fillers using coffee paper
    as i am afraid the efficiency will be reduced if we take out too much
    ingredient from the mix. Will apply 10 days and post results.
    I am also taking propecia 0.5mg two times a week.
    Will quit propecia if this works.
    Attached Files
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

How long have you been on propecia? How will you determine if it is the cetrizine working or the propecia>

Comment

• champpy
      • Apr 2015

Good luck man. Hopefully you will be able to see a reduction in the amount of hair coming out. We are all waiting to hear how it works out for you

Comment

• Not giving up
        • Jun 2015

Good luck buddy

Comment

• alitaher2009
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
          How long have you been on propecia? How will you determine if it is the cetrizine working or the propecia>
          i have been on propecia 1mg twice a week since last 12 months, but due to bad sides like libido and brain fog
          i decided to take 0.5 mg twice week, i noticed that my scalp inflammation has increased now may be
          due to low dosage, i started applying topical cetrizine since last 2 days, will wait for 1 month to see
          if there is any decrease in itching or hair loss,or else i will increase my propecia dosage.
          Will update regularly.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

How exactly does cetrizine work? I have never heard of it. A brief explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Not giving up
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
              How exactly does cetrizine work? I have never heard of it. A brief explanation would be greatly appreciated.
              I don't really know the science behind it but it acts as a pdg2 inhibitor I think. Basically it works the same way OC does, however It has side effects where as OC. I've seen one guy report a complete halt to hair loss using it and irradication of the itch, but it dried his throat out to the point he couldn't cope. OC apparently doesn't go systematic like that

Comment

• alitaher2009
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Not giving up
                I don't really know the science behind it but it acts as a pdg2 inhibitor I think. Basically it works the same way OC does, however It has side effects where as OC. I've seen one guy report a complete halt to hair loss using it and irradication of the itch, but it dried his throat out to the point he couldn't cope. OC apparently doesn't go systematic like that
                Oral ingestion of cetrizine will cause more side effects, whereas i
                think topically side effects are very rare.

Comment

• Not giving up
                  • Jun 2015

Yeah hopefully you won't get any sides bud. Fingers crossed for you

Comment

• alitaher2009
                    • Jul 2014

Update......

Decided to dilute the sol by 10ml more water as i was having red eyes
                    and moderate headache.

Comment

• Dench57
                      • Sep 2014

I'm also using topical cetirizine, just once a night. 600mg dissolved in 60ml. My solution is cloudy though, when I believe it should be clear on top with filler sediment gathered at the bottom. May have to make another batch.

Only been using it for 3 days, nothing to report either way yet. Just hoping it calms my inflammation/itch, not expecting regrowth or halting of shedding.

Comment

• alitaher2009
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Dench57
                        I'm also using topical cetirizine, just once a night. 600mg dissolved in 60ml. My solution is cloudy though, when I believe it should be clear on top with filler sediment gathered at the bottom. May have to make another batch.

Only been using it for 3 days, nothing to report either way yet. Just hoping it calms my inflammation/itch, not expecting regrowth or halting of shedding.
                        ]

Please report weekly about your progress.
                        I am also applying it since last 3 days.

Comment

• Farkhairloss
                          • May 2015

Hasnt this been around for a while and been trialed before ??

Comment

• alitaher2009
                            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Dench57

Dont make another batch, cet seems to dissolve well in water
                            just shake the bottle 2-3 times before applying.

Comment

• SolarPowered Man
                              • Aug 2013

Cet only dissolves in water. And water does not penetrate into the scalp. You would have to dermaroll or inject it some how in to have any result.

Comment

Working...