Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gabe Zingaretti, PhD
    • Mar 2015

ARTAS Patient Motion Tracking and Compensation

One question that both physicians and prospective patients ask is how the ARTAS robot tracks patient motion during the FUE extraction process. Here’s a detailed explanation. If you have any questions please feel free to post them, and I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

• Delphi
    • Mar 2009

Interesting presentation. Thanks for posting it. I have a question. What happens if the person sneezes or coughs hard once the robot is already in motion? Is it possible for the robot to miss under those circumstances?

Comment

• Delphi
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD
      From our observation it depends on when that happens in the stage of motions. In most cases, even if its in motion, if extreme patient motion occurs this will cause the robot to stop or re-adjust. Once contact is made with the skin, then it locks pretty good with the tissue. If the motion is in the absolute last micro-second, but just before it makes contact with the skin then it does miss which doesnt mean anything bad happened i.e it doesnt go to deep or anything like that since other features prevent that. This is pretty rare though.
      Thanks Dr. Rashid!

Comment

Working...