Procedure Booked w/ Dr. Rahal (2nd transplant)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • win200
    • Jul 2012

Procedure Booked w/ Dr. Rahal (2nd transplant)

Hey all,

Excited that I've booked my second transplant for this June. I received 1,450 on 6/20/12 from Dr. Niedbalski in Seattle, and almost two years to the day later I'll be doing 1,500 with Dr. Rahal to increase density at the front, soften the hairline, and lower the temples. I'm happy with my result, but I don't believe I've lost any ground behind the grafts, and I'm treating aggressively with finasteride, dutasteride (.5mg daily, plus a once-a-week blast of 2.5mg), minoxidil, RU, and the usual vitamins. I'm 31, FYI. Some pre-op pics, when I was 29, are included as well as some I took today.

The thread about my first surgery is here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9370

I realize this is a relatively aggressive transplant strategy, but it's what I want. I haven't much cared for the strong widow's peak and would like it minimized, and I can't wait for Dr. Rahal to do his hairline magic.
    Attached Files
  • Jazz1
    Inactive
    • Aug 2012

Wow nice, don't me me asking which country you from, before choosing Rahsl did you fly out for a consultation?

Comment

• win200
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Jazz1
      Wow nice, don't me me asking which country you from, before choosing Rahsl did you fly out for a consultation?
      I'm from Seattle. I didn't fly out to Rahal for the consult; obviously that's ideal, but I wasn't going to go through that hassle just to do it again. I'm very familiar with his work and approach, so I just wanted to confirm that he thought my preferred approach was reasonable, which he did. 3,000 cumulative grafts in the hairline is a lot, and some docs would probably balk at that.

Comment

• Jazz1
        Inactive
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by win200
        I'm from Seattle. I didn't fly out to Rahal for the consult; obviously that's ideal, but I wasn't going to go through that hassle just to do it again. I'm very familiar with his work and approach, so I just wanted to confirm that he thought my preferred approach was reasonable, which he did. 3,000 cumulative grafts in the hairline is a lot, and some docs would probably balk at that.
        Nice, how did he figure your graft count? Pictures? Online consultation? Don't mind me asking the cost?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Your hairstyle reminds me of Chris Issak.

Actually suits you really well. But I can understand why you want to lower your hairline.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Damn yeahyeahyeah, you are hitting these transplant threads hard. We gotta get you in to that chair.

win200, your hair looks great. Good luck with your latest and future procedures.

Comment

• win200
              • Jul 2012

Nice, how did he figure your graft count? Pictures? Online consultation? Don't mind me asking the cost?
              I sent in pictures plus an explanation of what I was looking for. I said I wanted to keep the graft count 1,500 or under, because I think using more than 3k on the hairline starts to get reckless. He thought 1,500 more grafts would lower the corners and be sufficient to do a very dense pack. That's a lot of grafts to go into a hairline, so it should look very close to full density.

Comment

• win200
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                Damn yeahyeahyeah, you are hitting these transplant threads hard. We gotta get you in to that chair.

win200, your hair looks great. Good luck with your latest and future procedures.
                Thanks! I'm pleased with what I've got, but of course that's not stopping me from going back under the knife.

Comment

• win200
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                  Your hairstyle reminds me of Chris Issak.

Actually suits you really well. But I can understand why you want to lower your hairline.
                  Yeah--I'm pretty graft-greedy. I do like the style I've got, and was a bit on the fence about whether to bother changing it. I mean, I'm probably in NW 1 territory at this point. But I'd like to whittle away at the tops of the temples and create a straighter hairline. I may live to regret this, but whatever.

Comment

• Jazz1
                    Inactive
                    • Aug 2012

Thanks man, last question how much RU are you using? What vehicle?

Comment

• win200
                      • Jul 2012

Thanks man, last question how much RU are you using? What vehicle?
                      100mg/daily for now with a 70% everclear/30% PG vehicle. Probably gonna reduce the dosage. Only been using for a few weeks, haven't noticed much of a difference yet. The problem is that my original hairline is buried within my transplanted one, so it's really difficult to detect regrowth or thickening. That's one of the downsides of a transplant--it becomes much harder to keep an eye on your loss.

Comment

• Jazz1
                        Inactive
                        • Aug 2012

100mg/daily for now with a 70% everclear/30% PG vehicle. Probably gonna reduce the dosage. Only been using for a few weeks, haven't noticed much of a difference yet. The problem is that my original hairline is buried within my transplanted one, so it's really difficult to detect regrowth or thickening. That's one of the downsides of a transplant--it becomes much harder to keep an eye on your loss.
                        Nice, is that from Kane? I have RU as back up in my fridge with kb solution and also dut as back. Looking Close up you have some fine hairs at the temples etc. Im going use Dr feriduni or Rahal for tansplant. My hairline was so perfect until recently I decided to added saw palmetto, it ruined my hairline and made me horny. I'm starting promox spray next month I'm going to give it few months if I don't see my hairs come back I'm getting transplant, I love Rahal work, amazing.

Comment

• win200
                          • Jul 2012

Nice, is that from Kane? Close up you have some fine hairs at the temples etc. Im going use Dr feriduni or Rahal for tansplant.
                          Yup, from Kane. The fine hairs at the hairline started when I got on minoxidil, but they've become more numerous and a bit thicker lately. The picture doesn't really capture them well.

I agree that Feriduni and Rahal are among the best for hairlines. Feller should be on that list, too.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore

Thinking of getting my hairline fixed.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Yeah--I'm pretty graft-greedy. I do like the style I've got, and was a bit on the fence about whether to bother changing it. I mean, I'm probably in NW 1 territory at this point. But I'd like to whittle away at the tops of the temples and create a straighter hairline. I may live to regret this, but whatever.
                              Why are using dut if fin is working?

Comment

Working...