X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agem
    • Dec 2012

Farjo?

Hi
    Am from Liverpool uk.....& as a care for my Mum & Dad i can't be away for more than 24 hours. That being the case travel to the US or elsewhere in out of the question.

Having looked closely at every UK team over the last 6-12 months i think my best bet is Farjo. I heard good things & the guy seems down to earth.....best of all i understand he is in Manchester.

I would welcome any informed coments?

Cheers
    Mike
  • gillenator
    • Dec 2008

Mike,

There are also some good US based surgeons who visit the UK on a regular basis.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• crafter
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Agem
      Hi
      Am from Liverpool uk.....& as a care for my Mum & Dad i can't be away for more than 24 hours. That being the case travel to the US or elsewhere in out of the question.

Having looked closely at every UK team over the last 6-12 months i think my best bet is Farjo. I heard good things & the guy seems down to earth.....best of all i understand he is in Manchester.

I would welcome any informed coments?

Cheers
      Mike
      I live in Britain and he'd be my first choice. He seems professional and is very honest. I've actually spoke to him on Twitter.

Comment

• Agem
        • Dec 2012

Hey Thanks........Farjo is very good but he expensive (You get what you pay for i guess) I notice that he just taken on an FUE guy from Spain....

American working in the UK, you wouldn't happen to know whom?
        Visit Manchester or Liverpool?
        Mike

Comment

• crafter
          • Sep 2013

Hey Thanks........Farjo is very good but he expensive (You get what you pay for i guess) I notice that he just taken on an FUE guy from Spain....

American working in the UK, you wouldn't happen to know whom?
          Visit Manchester or Liverpool?
          Mike
          I think Ziering has an office here - it was on some channel 4 show recently.

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
            • Dec 2008

I like Dr. Farjo. He is honest in my opinion. i'm not familiar with his results even though i've known him many years. Dr. Lorenzo is working with him in Manchester now. Dr. Lorenzo, who is from Spain, gets good FUE growth, but some of his hairlines are a bit abrupt for my taste.

Best of luck.

Comment

• chrisis
              • Feb 2012

Mike, couldn't you hire a carer to look after them for a few days? You could at least get somewhere in Europe in that time frame.

Comment

• PayDay
                • Nov 2008

Dr. Reddy seems to be the new FUE King in London.

Lorenzo get's a lot of hype for some reason but he's not even on the IAHRS and think I agree with Dr. Cole about the hairlines that I see on the sites from him.

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
                  • Dec 2008

Maybe so regarding Reddy. One hairline was a bit lopsided that i looked at, but then that can happen at times. maybe the patient wanted it. Anyway, a perfectly symmetrical hairline is really not all that natural. One breast is always larger than the other one unless it was surgically built. One testicle always hangs lower. I guess he has great eyes. I know I don't work well with a $10.00 pair of loops. One has to tip their cap to someone that can see well with such low mag.

Comment

• adam2525
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by gillenator
                    Mike,

There are also some good US based surgeons who visit the UK on a regular basis.
                    Do they carry out HT's in the UK or only give consultations?

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
                      • Dec 2008

Most are not licensed to practice in the UK. One must typically be an EU member to get a license in the UK. As a member of the EU, I could apply for a UK license, but i have not thus far. You would need license to practice in the UK.

Comment

• Agem
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
                        Mike, couldn't you hire a carer to look after them for a few days? You could at least get somewhere in Europe in that time frame.

I can't to be honest Chris...Farjo is eye watering expensive (I guess i need 3,000).....but who else?......Liverpool based people are just hired in fron some Greek island...Ziering?........well i think they get mixed results & EVERY time i turn on the computer their ADS are in my face.

I can't think of anyone else.

Mike

Comment

• chrisis
                          • Feb 2012

I can't think of anyone else.
                          Me neither to be honest. I wouldn't compromise on something like this, no matter what situation you're in.

What about family who could help you out for a few days? I'm sure you've thought all of these options through, just seems unfortunate.

Comment

• PayDay
                            • Nov 2008

No matter what you decide, it comes down to the type of surgery you want to have. If you want FUE, then it doesn't look like you have to travel to get good work done now. Reddy is as good or better than anyone you see online and he shows a lot of pictures. Lornezo is not on the IAHRS so he's obviously out and I don't think Farjo does FUE himself so he's out.

If you want strip, that guy Shahmalak seems to do all of the celebrities in the UK so he's probably a good choice. Dr. Ball is also listed on the IAHRS, but I haven't see much about him, but he must be top notch too.

Comment

• Agem
                              • Dec 2012

"Reddy" ?
                              Mike

Comment

Working...