Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Scientists create brain from 3d culture cells

So now they even have grown complex brain tissue in a 3d culture system, from IPS stem cells. Brain vs a hair follicle .. Not sure if I should laugh or cry here ... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0829093539.htm
  • hiilikeyourbeard
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
    So now they even have grown complex brain tissue in a 3d culture system, from IPS stem cells. Brain vs a hair follicle .. Not sure if I should laugh or cry here ... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0829093539.htm
    so depressing

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Well if anything, it's at least another confirmation regarding the importance of 3d culture. Also I found this quote interesting:

"Instead of using so-called patterning growth factors to achieve this, scientists at the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) fine-tuned growth conditions and provided a conducive environment. "

Jahoda et al only had partial success when growing follicles in 3d. They blamed the partial success on the 'conducive environment' (lack of 'hair' epithelial influence), so this might be a confirmation of that theory. Fine tuning that environment hopefully is the last step in the process.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Embarrassing and enlightening for every researcher in the hair loss industry. 30 years since Minoxidil has been available and 20 years since Finasteride with NOTHING superior.
        Last edited by Winston; 08-29-2013, 09:43 AM. Reason: Violation of posting policies.

Comment

• TravisB
          • May 2012

And yet they still can't create a SINGLE ****ING HEALTHY HAIR

There's just no hope for us

We'll be stuck in "in 5 years" phase forever

When it will be possible to grow EVERY SINGLE body part, these geniuses still won't be able to create any hair

The reason why hair research goes ultra slow is that society and medical environment don't see it as a serious problem (meanwhile it very often has serious mental consequences for person affected by MPB)

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
            • Feb 2011

Nobody has really succeeded because virtually nobody is really trying to grow healthy hair follicles. I can count on one hand the number of scientists/companies that are trying to grow hair. All the majority of those in the hair restoration field are interested in is performing archaic, stone-age hair transplants or selling wigs. If more parties were interested in regrowing hair, we would already have a truly effective hair restoration method.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
              Nobody has really succeeded because virtually nobody is really trying to grow healthy hair follicles. I can count on one hand the number of scientists/companies that are trying to grow hair. All the majority of those in the hair restoration field are interested in is performing archaic, stone-age hair transplants or selling wigs. If more parties were interested in regrowing hair, we would already have a truly effective hair restoration method.
              So in the end, its all about feeding fat businessmen more and more money. Like I said! Nobody cares about curing hair loss other than those who are affected by it.

The crowdfunding initiative COULD BE the answer to this problem. I'm absolutely disgusted with the current treatments available for hair loss.

Comment

• brunobald
                • Jul 2013

Its not true that nobody is currently trying to create a hair follicule, it has indeed already been done. The hairs that grew did not turn terminal but instead only produced vellus hairs. If you compare this to the fact that they can only grow part of a heart or only a small part of a brain then really the hair follicule is up there with making the most progress.

Also don't forget these stem cell techniques share a lot of common technology, lab processes, theory, research, etc.. So effectively every break through in the field could be applicable to growing follicules.

Comment

• TravisB
                  • May 2012

The worst thing is that we are powerless

We can only wait and watch company after company fail

Comment

• Jazz1
                    Inactive
                    • Aug 2012

Wake up guys these bloody scientists have genetically modified mice to BALD, what makes you think they can not genetically modify certain public human genes through spiking our foods etc to modifying GMO, hormones in milk, flouride I'm tap water list goes on. I'm 100% sure they have the cure, like stated as always they won't give it because there's no money to be made!

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Jazz1
                      Wake up guys these bloody scientists have genetically modified mice to BALD, what makes you think they can not genetically modify certain public human genes through spiking our foods etc to modifying GMO, hormones in milk, flouride I'm tap water list goes on. I'm 100% sure they have the cure, like stated as always they won't give it because there's no money to be made!
                      Then lets find the cure OURSELVES.

Comment

• Jazz1
                        Inactive
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                        Then lets find the cure OURSELVES.
                        I'm trying, I found the cure for alopecia areata as I suffered this and it's in my genes my dad had it nearly all his life. Surprisingly one day I went to my hairdresser who mentioned his patch was growing back, he told me something about water systems. I fitted these water systems and to my shock all my patches regrew back in 3 weeks, funny enough ignorant people starting saying its placebo effect haha. Guess what I never told my dad it would cure him or my brother and both there patches filled in and it's been 2 years iv been stressed and not one single alopecia areata patch amongst us.

Proof

Before

After water filteration system, not no cheapy systems either reverse osmosis

Systems

My conclusion is that flouride causes auto immune disease and that's what AA is, I use drink high amounts tap water due to gym. Now here's interesting part something in tap water was triggering my alopecia areata gene for me to get this problem as I never suffered it young age and me and my brother both got AA around the same age. So in conclusion it's in our genes but obviously being triggered of by something. It's simple the RNA signal in your gut signal to your DNA and switch on the genes. Once you remove what causes the gene to be switched on they signal it to be switched off. I would beleive the cure is in our environment, we eat chemcials daily even the organic crap we think is organic is chemically processed, our environment is shit full of radiation, stress, chemtrail, hormomes in milk the works. Even woman are now balding more woman are balding in this day and age, they are feeding us crap to change our genes to be passed on to our children. Example look up aspartame what diseases are caused by this bullshit, created by scientist. Scientist now are greedy profit driven idiots, some are not bad but have no choice but to follow what the big corporations pay them, money talks!

Comment

• Jazz1
                          Inactive
                          • Aug 2012

Ps I also had it on my side off my head, beard etc, now I'm clean free thanks to removing the tap water chemcials they poison us with.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                            • Feb 2011

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were right.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                              • Jul 2011

Alex Jones? Is that you?

Comment

Working...