Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BALDman
    • Jun 2009

Propecia or Transplant or both

hello, guys I am new to this forum. This is my very first posting.
    I am just wondering, perhaps some one may have more experience w/ Propecia and Transplants.
    I am bald at the vertex. I am posting a link to some images.
    I started taking propecia as of May 2009. How many months would I have to be on it to see some hair growth?
    They say that Propecia can grow hair w/ exception of front hair line and temples.
    Do I have a chance? Would a transplant be too premature to do at this stage?

• Curious108
    • Jun 2009

I think your at the stage where a hair transplant would be acceptable.

As far as I'm aware Propecia is better at maintaining than it is at regrowing, but I have heard of people getting hair transplants and being given propecia to help the new hair grow to its full potential.

Comment

• Zao
      • Dec 2008

Propecia might help you keep what you have and thicken up the donor area. If you’re thinking about having a hair transplant it is always good to be on Propecia. It looks like you are at the point where it would not be premature to consider having a hair transplant. You should check out some IAHRS doctors to see if you're a good candidate.

Good luck!

Comment

• sms8668
        • Jun 2009

Forget the propecia, rogaine, shampoos, etc. Get the transplant. I have had 3 procedures. I got my first one at 24 but was never really bald just receding. But knew I would be bald because my father has 3 hairs on his head and combs it with a shrimp fork !!!

I always had good hair and would be bald if I did not keep up with it. I am now 40 years old with a full hairline. People know me for having great hair and you could never tell I had anything done because I did it before I went bald. The surgery is painless. Full head of hair is associated with looking healthy !!!....GO FOR IT !!!!

Comment

Working...