Is there anyone on the entire forum who have had positive experience with PRP?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navi
    • Aug 2015

Is there anyone on the entire forum who have had positive experience with PRP?

Is there anyone here who has benefited from PRP standalone treatment?If it does not benefit anyway, its a shame that doctors are using it and playing with our lives.
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

There have been much talk about how PRP has been HELPING others, Navi.

On November 12th 2015, Dr. Wesley added me into his 3rd Pilofocus phase testings.
    I was his second of approx 20+ patients.
    His phase testings includes PRP along with ACell treatments which are both applied interiorly into the donor areas using his specialized Endoscopic materials!

Sometime next year, I will be back at his Pilofocus Clinic for the official medical reviews on how well it may be.

Comment

• Hicks
      • Apr 2013

A year ago u had PRP with the angel system. Took 3-4 months and the results justified going back a year later. I added 60mgs of ACELL This time. I'm 2 days out from the injections

Adipose injections seem promising but seems is crazy expensive.

Comment

• doinmyheadin
        • Nov 2010

Short answer No, not with MPB. PRP is just a way to make money of vulnerable balding men, although it seems to help some women but whether they have androgenetic baldness is debatable.

Comment

• arfy
          • Sep 2015

I see doctors claiming that PRP treatment results in hair diameter increases. However you can increase hair diameter without a visible 'cosmetic' improvement (an improvement which you can actually see). Statistics can be meaningless sometimes.

Comment

• Carlos Wesley, MD
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Nov 2012

Please hold on, guys. Certainly, the benefit of a well-done hair transplant on a patient with a healthy donor:recipient ratio has much more of an aesthetic impact. However, PRP really can be a good option for patients (men and women) who may not otherwise be great candidates for surgical hair restoration.

What's important is to determine whether or not the area to be treated has sufficient miniaturized hairs that would be candidates for PRP's benefits: increased thickness, # of hairs per bundle, and hair colorization returning. Although I 100% agree that not every patient can benefit from PRP treatments, we have numerous examples of well-selected-candidate patients (men and women) who have.

Carlos Wesley, MD
            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
            View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
            New York, NY 10028
            844-745-6362
            http://www.drcarloswesley.com
            info@drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• Hicks
              • Apr 2013

What are questions to ask to determine the best procedure for prp.

There is no standard. Some have taken grant money and I'm not sure if they are sharing protocol with others. Business is business but to take grant money and create a proprietary product is not cool.

There should be a standard for this treatment. I understand results are individual base but guys are getting hosed from wannabe witch Dr's.

Also. Can you provide a price breakdown of the cost and why it's so expensive?

Thanks for sharing and helping the community.

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

Dr. Wesley,
                it was great that you did this posting recently for others to read and understand better!

I let others know just how truly sincere you are!
                I know just how busy you are and it is good that you spent time to post here on BTT !
                On a sidenote,
                I can't wait to meet up with you again in November for the follow-up on my involvement as a patient in your 3rd phase testing!
                The FUEs that you also did for me, I believe, will show great On going results!
                I thank you so much Dr.!!
                (i'm on my smart phone right now- lol)

Comment

• hardick
                  • May 2016

So I guess Pilofocus failed??

Comment

• Artista
                    • Apr 2010

Hello Hardick,,
                    ( i'm on my smart phone again-lol)
                    Why are you assuming there was some type of failure in regards to Pilofocus?
                    (I'm not attacking you)
                    Dr. Wesley's standard
                    Pilofocus transplantation Service (FUE work) is very good.
                    Now, if you're referring to his Pilofofus Phase Testings you must know that it is ongoing.
                    He IS still going through his third phase testing patients right now.
                    Dr. Wesley is not the type that would make assumptions to anybody or to fool anybody into thinking and knowing about topics that aren't verified as yet.
                    How are you doing Hardick?

Comment

• joachim
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by Artista
                      Hello Hardick,,
                      (I'm not attacking you)
                      Dr. Wesley's standard
                      Now, if you're referring to his Pilofofus Phase Testings you must know that it is ongoing.
                      Dr. Wesley is not the type that would make assumptions to anybody or to fool anybody into thinking and knowing about topics that aren't verified as yet.
                      without text formatting it's hard to understand what you're saying.

however, it's always nice to see how quick you are in defending pilofocus or dr. wesley. you're like wesley's official spokesperson. and you repeat yourself over and over again, for almost 2 years now.
                      still not sure what to think about your character. don't want to offend you but it's getting weirder and weirder with every new post from you. also the last post to dr. wesley which sounds like an a**licking poem again makes me scratch my bald head.
                      maybe you're intentions are real and kind, but i don't know what to think of that anymore.

Comment

• hardick
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by Artista
                        Hello Hardick,,
                        (I'm not attacking you)
                        Dr. Wesley's standard
                        Im good. Do you work for Dr Wesley? My assumption was based on that Dr Wesley is on here promoting PRP which after many years of promotion from many Drs cashing in on this treatment which most people have realized is expensive for what it is. And the results are still unproven and at best not that good if your asking my opinion. And a large number of people have paid and gotten no results or even worse results.

I have nothing against Dr Wesley, my take is if he on here promting his clinic and other proceedures and conferences then Polifocus mustn't of been turned out the way he thought. Artista I thought you were going to show us some pictures of your proceedure in April? It is now may.

Comment

• BBay
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by navi
                          Is there anyone here who has benefited from PRP standalone treatment?If it does not benefit anyway, its a shame that doctors are using it and playing with our lives.
                          Have to agree tried it twice but saw little is any difference

Comment

• osmiumgoon
                            • Apr 2016

My supervisors underwent this surgery from Thailand. It seems quite effective and expensive. Anyway, only 4 mos has just passed after surgery, I will give you updates once I see him again. Lol

Comment

• Carlos Wesley, MD
                              IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                              • Nov 2012

We've highlighted the facts (good and bad) regarding PRP on this thread. I believe that the Grand Rounds Lecture is as transparent a presentation as there is.

For those interested in the current state of platelet rich plasma (http://www.drcarloswesley.com/platelet-rich-plasma-prp/) (PRP) (http://www.drcarloswesley.com/platelet-rich-plasma-prp/)scalp treatment for hair loss The Dermatology Department of The State University of New York Health Science Center (http://www

Artista does not work for my clinic. He is simply a nice patient in a separate city who likes to post on topics of particular interest to him.
                              Carlos Wesley, MD
                              Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                              View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
                              New York, NY 10028
                              844-745-6362
                              http://www.drcarloswesley.com
                              info@drcarloswesley.com

Comment

Working...