Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IAmAce
    • Aug 2014

Am I Balding Or Is This My Hair Line [Pics of Shaved and non-shaved head]

So I've been noticing my hair has been receeding since I was 18 (now almost 20) but I'm unsure if this is simply my natural hairline or if I'm actually balding.

The reason I think this is that my hairline has barely changed in the past year or so, although has receeded to where it is now, it hasn't really changed TOO much since then, but it could just be slow.

I NEVER shed hair, like I have never ran my hands through my hair and seen hairs on my head, that's why I don't think I'm balding.

Also, my uncle's (mother's brothers) are in their 50's with thin hair but none are completely bald, however my grandpa (their dad) is totally bald.

Here are the pics, what do you think?

Also, should I take any action against this or will that make it worse?

I'm trying not to go down the Propecia route so am looking into RU and that other one CB or something.

But I'm afraid that this is my natural hairline and I'm supposed to be like this and taking action will actually make me bald quicker

Cheers

Ace
    Attached Files
  • Jesse85
    • Sep 2014

That looks like MPB. I think you should take propecia and hopefully retain what you have while it is still early. Don't wait.

Comment

• IAmAce
      • Aug 2014

I forgot to mention I'm 19 just about to turn 20

Comment

• Jesse85
        • Sep 2014

I figured that out. This is why I am suggesting propecia because if it works on you, you will get to retain your hair in the very critical "20s stage" of your life.

Comment

• cichlidfort
          • Jan 2013

You're balding. Not a natural hairline. It will only get worse. Act now or prepare for change.

Comment

• IAmAce
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by cichlidfort
            You're balding. Not a natural hairline. It will only get worse. Act now or prepare for change.
            But I don't shed, can you still be balding if I've never had a shed?

Also is it true that Finasteride doesn't stop hairloss on the hairline?

What are my options?

Cheers

Ace

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

Yes my hairline got eaten for about 2 years before i started shedding then it was game over...get on propecia before that happens

Comment

Working...