+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why

Default Why

Why is it that a women can get fake fingernails, fake eyelashes, fake colored lips, hair extensions and some boob jobs but a guy wants to just fill in a hole and he is denegrated in many cases. I have a 4" circle on the back crown of my head that is bald. I just want to blend it in with a hair system. I am 49 and have had that bald spot for a few years. Has anyone else done this after the fact? How much scorn and or mockery did u endure? Kinda got to the place where i kinda dont care what people think but I kinda still do. We have changed so much on so many things in this country. Guess we have not got passed guys dealing with baldness outside of shaving it off. I have a wierd /bumpy skull. It looks bad when I shave it off. My wife agrees.

It's like a woman can wear both skirts and trousers, but when a guy wears a skirt he is seen as odd.

It's called the Western society's ground rules.

Women are allowed to do anything they want to improve their looks, but men cannot.

ESPECIALLY where hair replacement is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNM View Post
    Why is it that a women can get fake fingernails, fake eyelashes, fake colored lips, hair extensions and some boob jobs but a guy wants to just fill in a hole and he is denegrated in many cases.
    There is nothing wrong with wearing hair if it helps you feel better about yourself. You would be surprised to know how may men and women wear prosthetic hair.

I cannot see your problem area, but depending on what it looks like it may be possible for you to take advantage of a good quality hair loss concealer such as Dermmatch. I use Dermmatch myself and it is amazing.

The problem is men and toupees are always seen as one big joke. Where ever you look, someone is poking fun out of a man wearing a bad toupee.

What you have to do is make sure your hair system is so good, no one suspects. Then you go from being a man wearing a wig, to a man with hair.

Quote Originally Posted by oxo2010 View Post
    The problem is men and toupees are always seen as one big joke. Where ever you look, someone is poking fun out of a man wearing a bad toupee.
    The main reason for that is too many men will go cheap in the hair pieces they buy. You can't do that. It is possible to get good quality pieces at reasonable prices.

Another reason is that too many men hide the fact that they wear hair as if it is something to be shameful about. That attitude needs to change. I am a woman suffering with hereditary hair loss. I am not alone. Many more women are suffering in secret because of this self imposed sense of shame. I myself do not hide the fact that I suffer with hair loss and I wear cosmetic concealer. Nor do I hide the fact that I sometimes wear a topper. I do this because I want everyone, men as well as women, to know that it is OK and there is no need to feel shame and hide.

Yes I agree I don't hide the fact that I am treating my hair loss, but when I get butterflies I will definitely become hyper conscious of it, because It feels stigmatized, and It makes me feel unattractive.