+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

These pics are roughly 10 weeks post op.

It does not appear from the pics that it is cobble-stoning. This will probably subside with time. Cobble-stoning usually are larger bumps within the recipient area.

Give it more time and I think you will see this effect subside as you fulfill the healing process.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Looks perfectly normal at this stage.
    Last edited by sp8rky; 09-04-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    It does not appear from the pics that it is cobble-stoning. This will probably subside with time. Cobble-stoning usually are larger bumps within the recipient area.

Give it more time and I think you will see this effect subside as you fulfill the healing process.
    Hey Gillenator,

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback..... I'm glad to hear that you don't feel it looks like cobblestoning or ridging..... The photo's were taken with my macbook, which doesn't do a good job of picking up the bumps around the grafts....In the photos it just looks like i have a lot of residual redness.

I'm curious if a patient does have cobblestoning at what point after the transplant does it start to manifest its self?

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback . Greatly appreciated

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sp8rky View Post
    Looks perfectly normal at this stage.
    Hey sparky. The bumps i speak of do not show through in the photo. But most of the hairs are growing out of little bumps - which we know is not the norm. I hope its just a temporary skin condition, but naturally i am concerned it might not be.......

it will be temporary , still very early days .

keep us updated
    regards
    ejj

Quote Originally Posted by druginducedhairloss View Post
    Hey Gillenator,

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback..... I'm glad to hear that you don't feel it looks like cobblestoning or ridging..... The photo's were taken with my macbook, which doesn't do a good job of picking up the bumps around the grafts....In the photos it just looks like i have a lot of residual redness.

I'm curious if a patient does have cobblestoning at what point after the transplant does it start to manifest its self?

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback . Greatly appreciated
    You're very welcome my friend. Usually the effects of cobble-stoning and even ridging is more evident once the epidermis completely heals (2-4 weeks). And it's also the redness that tends to remain in some cases, not all. But it can manifest itself earlier depending on the patient.

Can you possibly take clearer pics with a digital camera or an Iphone and post them? It would be helpful to get a closer clearer view of the area and the bumps. Years ago, the grafts were much larger so the cobble-stoning and ridging effects were much larger bumps and more obvious to the eye.

I remember seeing cases years ago when plugs were the order of the day and the bumps were much larger.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by druginducedhairloss View Post
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Have you ever had a case at your clinic where these bumps appeared post up but later relieved themselves ?

I have attached some more photos. I'd appreciate any feedback from you or the community.
    It's difficult to see if anything's wrong and on the basis of those photos you look completely normal for someone who is 2.5 months post-op.

I spoke with Dr Rahal and his first thought was that you're seeing pimples where the hairs are ingrowing and yet to break through the surface. This is very common and you're right at the stage where this begins.

I should've thought of that myself!

Do you think this is what you're seeing? Are there hairs already growing from the bumps?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I agree and why more clearer pics would be helpful to make some distinction.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Hey Matt,

The bumps that I am concerned about are not pimples from hair breaking through. They are little flesh coloured bumps that appear around almost all of the transplanted hair that is growing. Besides cobbles stoning or ridging I'm not sure what the else this could be.......

How long do you feel i should give it before making an appointment with Dr. Rahal?

thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It's difficult to see if anything's wrong and on the basis of those photos you look completely normal for someone who is 2.5 months post-op.

I spoke with Dr Rahal and his first thought was that you're seeing pimples where the hairs are ingrowing and yet to break through the surface. This is very common and you're right at the stage where this begins.

I should've thought of that myself!

Do you think this is what you're seeing? Are there hairs already growing from the bumps?