+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Hey again, yeah I have the exact same mindset with this. I wasn't even thinning or was my hairline even receded lol. I just wanted to prevent it because it's a widows peak. But yeah, got INSANELY thin on the left and my hairline literally burned itself off as well.

I heard anti depressants help inhibit substance p as well. I really wish others had the answer, but it HAS TO BE FINASTERIDE. Have you felt hornier? When this started for me I did feel hornier and it has since calmed down, however when I used fin from the beginning my morning would went away and now it's back.. The testosterone might be what's causing all this.

My hair looks like it's not there now when wet.. And the hairs are like short hairs.. What I mean is, when this thinning randomly hit, the hair in that area that was left over is short and the hairs that shed seemed to have not grown back. CRAZINESS.

Oh and try Paul Mitchell tea tree, but after like a week of use try switching to one that's sls free

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Hey again, yeah I have the exact same mindset with this. I wasn't even thinning or was my hairline even receded lol. I just wanted to prevent it because it's a widows peak. But yeah, got INSANELY thin on the left and my hairline literally burned itself off as well.

I heard anti depressants help inhibit substance p as well. I really wish others had the answer, but it HAS TO BE FINASTERIDE. Have you felt hornier? When this started for me I did feel hornier and it has since calmed down, however when I used fin from the beginning my morning would went away and now it's back.. The testosterone might be what's causing all this.
    I've definitely had increased sex drive, my hair and skin gets oily really quickly too when it never did before. No question it's finasteride - I went to a pharmacist and he said he had another user who had itchy scalp after using it too. I'm so angry that this isn't even listed as a side effect. I guess the only positive is I don't think I have Post-Finasteride Syndrome, google that, it's some scary shit. I've only got myself to blame really for believing the forums and the studies that this was basically a harmless drug.

I've tried several different shampoos now, Regenepure, Tea Tree Oil, Margo Alive (capsicum extracts inhibits substance P apparently) but none of them work. I get my blood tests back in a few days but I'm not expecting anything to show up. I need to see a dermatologist who specializes in hair/scalp problems. The doctors I have seen are just saying "I'm sure it will resolve itself" but I'm not just gonna sit around and wait. Whether it's anti-depressants, corticosteroids or whatever I refuse to live with this itch and am determined to beat it. It's eating away at my hairline, the itch is 24/7 all along my hairline and I can see the damage its doing, my hairs right at the hairline are sort of frazzled and wiry, not straight and smooth. This means they're getting battered by DHT from what I've read online. The spot where the itch is worse above my right temple has thinned so much. I'm really hoping this spot can recover if/when I beat this itch but from what you're saying the regrown hairs will be miniaturised.

Kinda just accepted the fact I'll need a hair transplant within the next 5 years or so if this continues at the same rate and doesn't recover. Can't even believe I'm typing that, could've gone 10 years or so the way I was going before Fin. I already know no internal medication will work for me, I've heard more bad things than good about minox for frontal receding, and stuff like Spiro and RU just isn't an option for me. I'm going travelling for 6months+ soon and I won't be able to sustain any sort of topical regimen.

So Dench, you quit and it's still that bad? My hairline got BAD for 6 months (still thin), but my painful scalp is just hear and there now. I really feel for you because i had/have this shi*. I'm about ready to finally quit finasteride.. I haven't had regrowth and had a massive shed with thinning that is still going on, although not as bad(20hairs in shower$20+out).

Keep us posted on the blood work brother.

Hi i know mainly men have commented here but i would just like some advice on saw palmetto and if i could be directed to a suitable thread for women that would be great, Ive looked but cant find!
    I am a woman who up until last year at age 35 had 10 times more hair that i do now. people used to say looked like nic sherzinger which i would happily have taken! Its funny but as soon as i hit 35 i noticed my hairline creep back back in less than 6 months and by the time i hit 36 i had lost half my hair and hairline had jumped back an inch. was mortified. I also started with the insatiable itching. excress grease. At the time i just aplied oils and thought that this was what it needed but it didnt work/

My hair never seemed to fall either. it was so confusing and stressful as i would have preffered to have a shed all the time but no shedding at all! It sheds less now than ever.
    Last three months well.. that was when i entered HELL. I began to get the most intense PAIN all over the scalp with itching like had nits. Not a great time for relationships as i was sitting with ice cubes on head for weeks with aloe vera stuck to it other nights. Nothing worked.

I know deep down (as im mixed asian white) that it had to be hereditary and not the telogen efluvium type loss as no hair was coming out yet now i can SEE THROUGH to my scalp! The hairline is receding at a rate of weeks , last month it wasnt as bad and the month before .. The follicle looks like it getting smaller and smaler and then falling out.

This is killing me,

I have been a model with extra thick hair and now i cant even part it right ot have it in a pony as it just looks crap.

I did try all the shampoos and i will say that the pain and ithcing has reduced IMMENSLEY. the shampoo is by a guy called David sacthell and its called eucaderm.. the stuff has only 3 or 4 ingredients in and basically has stopped me wanting to kill myself on an evening from the intense pain. the shampoo was number 3 . Any way i am hoping to now try saw palmetto but reallly worried about the side effects. i dont want to try something that might harm my body and make it worse and ive heard so many good things about it but they say when you stop it all falls out.

Also the HLCC range i tried the shampoo and it was crap , it made the itching worse but they do a product with SP in and was thinking of trying that.

I can copy and paste this thread to another thread if need be and am in the wrong place for advice but really need to know more about SP before i try it. the HLCC rep told me i shouldnt take if wanting to concieve as it could harm the unborn foetus and also cant give blood when taking it which really worries me but i cant take this hair thing anymore!!

Thank you xx

Fee, have you had your thyroid checked lately? When I first started trying to figure out what it was that did this to me as well, thyroid Hairloss was identical to what you and I describe. I had mine checked and it was within normal range so that isn't my problem, but definately have yours checked.

Fee, have you had your thyroid checked lately? When I first started trying to figure out what it was that did this to me as well, thyroid Hairloss was identical to what you and I describe. I had mine checked and it was within normal range so that isn't my problem, but definately have yours checked.
    Hi thanks for repying.. I have just had it checked last week and literally ringing up for results today. Its always "normal" but i spoke to my acupuncturist yest and he said that have a few done over the year and look at the variations in Leutenizing hormone, Ferrratin and TSH and if they change range even slightly (the doctors only care if its OTT) then its a sign that things are not stable within the body. But i kind of didnt need him to tell me that ,you know? I think we all know that changes are happening and its not the good kind. :-(

So Dench, you quit and it's still that bad? My hairline got BAD for 6 months (still thin), but my painful scalp is just hear and there now. I really feel for you because i had/have this shi*. I'm about ready to finally quit finasteride.. I haven't had regrowth and had a massive shed with thinning that is still going on, although not as bad(20hairs in shower$20+out).

Keep us posted on the blood work brother.
    Yeah I quit 2 months ago after being on Fin for 3 months. Itch is still as bad as ever. I went for a haircut today and my temples have receded so much. The hair is so thin I can see my scalp above the right temple, where the itch has been worst. Before Fin that area was completely thick.

I got my blood results back but they didn't show DHT levels, I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to ask if I can be checked for DHT. My testosterone was really high, the normal range is between 8-29 nmol/l and mine is 28.5.

Dench, I've been thinking that the increase in test is responsible for that frontal loss. Idk what to do anymore man. I'm making a second app for the endocrinologist. I'll keep you updated so maybe we can figure this out

It's possible, but it still doesn't explain the intense burning/itchy scalp. Maybe if my Test was through the roof, but it's still in the normal range although at the high end. My Test should've returned to baseline level after 2 months off anyway, I can't believe Fin could cause permanent increase to Test otherwise bodybuilders and all sorts of people would be using the stuff! I'd like to see my DHT levels. I'm going to see a dermatologist in a few weeks so hope they can shed some light. Personally I'm convinced that Fin has made my androgen receptors more sensitive to both Test and DHT, hence the hairloss, burning/itchy scalp, oiliness and increased sex drive. I don't know if even a dermatologist will be able to confirm that though.

If you're still on Fin I'd advise coming off it for a month or so and seeing if that improves things. For you the increased Test while on Fin could be the cause, obviously I'm 2 months off Fin now so the increased Test shouldn't be that much of an issue and I'm thinking there's something more going on. I think people like me and you are just poor responders and I know it definitely had an adverse effect on my hair and my hormones. Wish I'd never touched the stuff. Can I ask how old you are? I'm 25, and from what I've read online younger men are more susceptible to this reflex-hypo type stuff due to having more sensitive endocrine systems and more hormones in general.

Anyway while I wait to see my dermatologist I'm gonna continue looking for a remedy. I've bought various medicated shampoos like Alphosyl today and will try them out, and have also ordered Scalpicin but that's only in the US apparently so will take weeks to arrive from Amazon. I've been through Tea Tree Oil, Regenepure DR and Margo Alive so far, none worked and the Margo Alive stuff actually made it worse.

My scalp has no redness or inflammation so it's not gonna be fixed by the usual dandruff/dry/itchy scalp shampoos, it's an internal/hormonal thing that's irritating my hair follicles. I found a page about menopausal women who have scalp itch due to hormone changes so figured what works for them might work for us. Here's the link. I'm gonna try some of that Clobex and also the DHS Zinc shampoo. I'm reluctant to try the hydroxyzine after looking at the cognitive side effects.