Threaded View

Default Gearing up for Micro-pigmentation

Hello BTT Forum Members - After years of suffering with hair loss (I am age 41 and at the beginning stages of a Norwood IV level) I finally decided that smp is going to be the best bet for me personally. It bothered me for many years before I really looked into the options and started reading to educate myself. I am a biomedical engineer and almost as interested in smp from an engineering prospect as I am from a cosmetic point of view. Been visiting this forum to read up on advice and opinions for about two months now and finally decided to make my first post.

I know some forum members consider smp to be nothing but a head tattoo, but I do not have the density of hair needed in the back for a decent hair transplant. Many of the before and after pictures have usually not impressed me for most HTs, and while balding bothers me, it does not do so to the tune of $30,000 or more.

I was used to wearing my hair very short before I even began to thin out at age 27, so for me, smp is the best bet for the look I am considering and the price. Of course before posting here, I read up on many of the other threads and heard the word 'schill' bandied about quite often. So, while I have chosen my provider and booked dates in July and August, I wont mention them by name here. If the results turn out well then I will eventually reveal my provider at the end and post pics and if they dont turn out well, I will discuss the results, keep the provider's name unmentioned and not show pics.

By reading here and and at other sites, I see many are strongly opposed to smp but I am begining this thread as the start of my journey to get back my freedom (if possible). Until this point I have been wearing an expensive ($1600) synthetic hair wig that fools most people from two feet or further away. I look like Fabio in it and most people really think it is my own hair. But it is hot, hard to exercise in and slightly detectable if you had to work with me daily and interact often with me. And we all know what most North Americans feel about a man who wears a wig. So, time for a change.

Will smp be a life changer or simply a bad tattoo that does not match my head and looks fakey? I dont know yet, but my first appointment is in July and I will keep this updated as my journey to getting some freedrom back progresses.

(also, I dont work for or am on the staff of any smp companies, or am I here to promote them. I am a balding academic in the San Fran Bay Area who hates hair loss and finally got motivated to get off my butt and do something. (which is funny, cause my father is a Norwood IV too and it never seemed to phase him). As I go thru the process, feel free to private message and I will try to help out)