Threaded View

Default How do you know you're getting the number of grafts you've paid for?

Hi everyone,

have just had a strip procedure yesterday and paid for 1500 grafts (£3 per graft). I asked the surgeon a couple of times during the procedure how many grafts he thought I would get from the strip, and told me he wouldn't know until the nurses had finished cutting them, fair enough. However it struck me as strange that his job was to prick the holes for the grafts (which he said he was counting as he went), and then for the nurses to install them, all fine. but there was no feedback to me as to the final number i was receiving. Am wondering what i should do from here and am sure i'm not the first one to have these thoughts. The company I went to are very reputable however, and the surgeon has a good rep too, with no reason necessarily to distrust him...but was thrown that there was not more communication with me even after prompting. Afterall, if they were only 100 grafts short thats still £300!

I'll put some pics up if that helps but need to wait for bandaging to come off the donor site as its covering part of the temples that received grafts as well as fringe line.