+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Good to know chrisis, i told you it would take a long time. It seems to me you had low DHT to begin with that's why you had some bad side effects.

From what i've researched the higher your DHT levels, the quicker your recovery from side effects.

My recovery took days or weeks maybe(I didn't test my peckerwood within that period of time lol) because my DHT levels are pretty high.

I will try .5mg though, i had no sides at that those.

Good luck man ! Very happy for you.
    This is why I think all guys should get their hormone levels checked before going on fin. There are a lot of guys that are borderline cases and fin will end up screwing them.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    This is why I think all guys should get their hormone levels checked before going on fin. There are a lot of guys that are borderline cases and fin will end up screwing them.
    Thanks Maradona and WashedOut. There are a lot of sensible opinions coming out of the woodwork. Maybe there's hope after all.

I too agree that getting your hormone levels checked is a good idea before going on finasteride. Safety first, right! It would be good if we could establish that somehow as recommended protocol generally.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Thanks Maradona and WashedOut. There are a lot of sensible opinions coming out of the woodwork. Maybe there's hope after all.

I too agree that getting your hormone levels checked is a good idea before going on finasteride. Safety first, right! It would be good if we could establish that somehow as recommended protocol generally.
    chris, did you actually take PROPECIA as prescribed by your doctor or you just bought fin from some offshore lab?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    chris, did you actually take PROPECIA as prescribed by your doctor or you just bought fin from some offshore lab?
    I bought the generic stuff. It's the same active ingredient.

I bought the generic stuff. It's the same active ingredient.
    oh I know that, but if you were to go through a doctor(LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD) you would actually have someone to complain to! There is a reason why this drug is PRESCRIPTION ONLY.

you bought a PRESCRIPTION ONLY drug on your own and now you bash Merck about your problems? hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    oh I know that, but if you were to go through a doctor(LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD) you would actually have someone to complain to! There is a reason why this drug is PRESCRIPTION ONLY.

you bought a PRESCRIPTION ONLY drug on your own and now you bash Merck about your problems? hmm...
    Pretty sure most people on this site just say buy it generic, but yeah, go with whatever argument you need to fall back on to suit your cause. I did get a prescription, by the way.

Merck is ultimately responsible for the drug, since it is their patented drug that they tested and put to the FDA. They should have tested it more rigorously, and the warnings were insufficient - thus the recent revisions of labels etc.

Who else should I blame?

Pretty sure most people on this site just say buy it generic, but yeah, go with whatever argument you need to fall back on to suit your cause. I did get a prescription, by the way.

Merck is ultimately responsible for the drug, since it is their patented drug that they tested and put to the FDA. They should have tested it more rigorously, and the warnings were insufficient - thus the recent revisions of labels etc.

Who else should I blame?
    if you did get a prescription, then why don't you complain about your "experience" with Propecia to your doctor? He's the one who GAVE IT TO YOU! In his mind, you were supposed to be okay.

Am I wrong?

If you decided to take a PRESCRIPTION ONLY drug ON YOUR OWN then YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!
    No one is supposed to take this drug without consulting about it to a real doctor!

So if you take claritin and it resolves your issue does that mean you have to keep taking claritin forever? Wish more guys who are suffering would try this out and report results. It could be a big deal.

Have you even read what doctors have said to sufferers? They don't understand the side effects, they don't want to know and they don't know how to fix it anyway.

Everyone understands your position on this topic 2020, so now kindly butt out. We're making some interesting progress on this subject without people like you sticking their oar in unhelpfully.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    So if you take claritin and it resolves your issue does that mean you have to keep taking claritin forever? Wish more guys who are suffering would try this out and report results. It could be a big deal.
    I'd like to know this too. I've been on it for 4-5 days now and wondering if I keep going forever or it has resolved my problem.... Scared to quit now in case I mess up my progress.