+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

And I don't know anything about pill splitters but I would think any one would work fine for Proscar.

Second day on fin. Not bad and I guess some things are so subtle that the placebo fear freaks me out.
    Taking 1.25mg . I would have liked to start with 1mg, but the 5mg proscar tablets from Target are round, not pentagonal.

A few things happened today. Had a stye inside my left eye...this barely happens with my allergies and it was pretty sudden. Kind of freaked me out. The left eyelid (once you open it ) was also a lot more red than my right eye. No allergies present at the moment.

I also lift weights for strength. DEFINITELY felt my legs give out quicker on squat, all things equal on normal days. To be fair here I did up my weight on squats from 180 to 185 ( I am 215 pounds) on a 5 rep scheme. This might be the difference, but increased recovery time.

Libido's been fine. Erection felt a little numb like there was a lot of blood in my penis the second time I had a go today with the lady.

My right eyebrows hairs were shiny/white and I pulled it out easily. Apparently this is a side effect for some people? I thought body hair (as opposed to face hair) is DHT dependent. Am I wrong , or was this a coincidence)

Kind of weird pinching feeling on the left rear delt, but then again I have been lifting hard and I get all kinds of weird body responses all the time.

I'm still kind of on the fence for fin. I was like I'll give it a year, but if there are any sides to it, like showing on my second day (vs paranoia), I think I look good bald, and it is actually kind of liberating and a motivator to continue to workout as I think bald+musclar is sexy.

I also read one thing at this point that seems to still bother me about estrogen/estradiol levels being raised as much as 15%. That kinda sucks ;(

Also, what are the advantages/disadvnatages of a topical DHT blocker? I assume it doesn't show up in your blood serum as much. Isn't it safer in that sense?

Also would anyone haave a picture off of google or something that shows what a guy who is 'gyno prone' looks like?I have some big pecs and my bodyfat is double digits, so I'm kind of ambiguous to that standard

Hey guys reviving an old thread. I gave up fin because of its sexual side effects, a week after trying it initially and have ONLY been shaving my head since.

I am thinking of going to Rogaine Foam for a couple of months, but I wonder if I am low enough on the NW scale (dad and his brothers all bald) for anything to happen.

This is my hair grown out a couple of weeks. All my baldness is on the TOP of my head, where I read Rogaine doesn't work. I really wonder if its worth the commitment of 2x daily application for the rest of my life, if I will still have hair covering a 'shining dome' on top? How much hair could I realistically grow back?

This is I think a 6 week grow out.

I get really skeptical of people claiming they got sides, especially within only a week (aside from watery semen, which shouldn't be too much of a concern and should be expected because finasteride affects your prostate). More often than not, it's anxiety causing the "sexual sides" .. i.e. try getting an erection normally thinking you're not going to get an erection - it's a physiological as much as mental process. This trend is even more apparent with forum posters and avid readers .. they post how nervous they are before and then stop relatively quickly .. of course, because you were nervous/anxious to begin with.

That being said .. personally I don't think there's that much of a point starting rogaine this late, your pattern is already well advanced. I'm your age and started balding at 15-16 (didn't notice until the end of my sr year in highschool though) and I started treatment at 17. Thankfully I have been able to hold off the inevitable with the meds (although now i feel its starting to lose effectiveness unfortunately ).

On a plus note, you look good bald and you don't mind the look .. if I were you I would get out and enjoy life and stop reading forums.. They're only going to make you more depressed. Same goes with starting meds, even of you grow a bit of hair back.. You're never going to be happy or completely satisfied and always going to worry. Heck, I don't remember the last time I've been completely happy or worry free in the past 5 years because of hairloss.

Key point: if you can accept baldness, not point in trying to grow anything back. Unfortunately i can't accept it .. not yet anyways.

What bothers you more: a life long commitment to minoxidil, or the horseshoe look? If you want to do what you can to avoid being a NW6 or worse, give minox a try. You can always say screw it and stop if you decide it is a pain to apply. Not saying minox will do anything, but I personally would give it a try for at least 6 months. What do you have to lose, 50 bucks?

Also have you considered microdosing fin? MPB47, actually posted in this thread that he was no longer taking fin because of the sides. He jumped back on it at .25mg(I believe) and is seeing results.

I feel you guys. I'm sure you guys come across a ton of posters who have a mental inability to come to terms with their baldness, but I have a great mind body connection and make sure to keep all things except for my variable the same (dosing). I actually find out what people are using, google what I feel and the medicine's name after my experince, to see if there is any connection with the medicine I am talking, vs knowing the symptom beforeh and I DEFINITELY felt it with fin. This was more than a year ago so I might have been on it for more than a week, but I could definitely feel a lack of sexual drive, recovery time on lifts etc.

From what I understood, and what is my current concern is that much more often than not, and proven scientifically, rogaine does not grow hair on the top of your head. Combined with my father's side of the family losing hair, I wonder if the marginal benefit of rogaine (which is a lot less than fin) is worth it.

The way I look at this is I have to shave my head everywweek and from a time stand point it's probably a lot easier rubbing Rogaine on top of my head 90 seconds every morning. The only side effect I had on Rogaine was some bags underneath my eye and it being hot and going to the gym, not having the foam fully absorbed, or being secreted after I sweated in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    What bothers you more: a life long commitment to minoxidil, or the horseshoe look? If you want to do what you can to avoid being a NW6 or worse, give minox a try. You can always say screw it and stop if you decide it is a pain to apply. Not saying minox will do anything, but I personally would give it a try for at least 6 months. What do you have to lose, 50 bucks?

Also have you considered microdosing fin? MPB47, actually posted in this thread that he was no longer taking fin because of the sides. He jumped back on it at .25mg(I believe) and is seeing results.
    That is correct. i am taking .25 2x a week. It is working though I would say this time my results on a small dose are more typical than the first time. By that i mean it is working better in the back than in the front and the new hair is thin and soft. But still better off than before for sure. Since I am not having any issues, i am considering upping the dose to see if crown will fill in more.

The connection between fin/dut and sexual side effects is not straight forward. I have had the complete opposite reaction to fin and dut where my sex drive and erections increased (but semen changed a little). But there's definitely a lot of bad news surrounding these meds and sexual side effects - I think there's some crazy guys out there who have vendettas and who flood the net with their stories purposefully trying to make other men avoid the meds.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    The connection between fin/dut and sexual side effects is not straight forward. I have had the complete opposite reaction to fin and dut where my sex drive and erections increased (but semen changed a little). But there's definitely a lot of bad news surrounding these meds and sexual side effects - I think there's some crazy guys out there who have vendettas and who flood the net with their stories purposefully trying to make other men avoid the meds.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.
    I believe there are guys out there that have suffered sides, but I think many of the guys are the ones you describe in your post.