+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I dont see why people are saying it is expensive, looks the same price as normal transplants. Which are in the 0-10k range.

Thinking of getting this done in order to restore my juvanile hairline is it worth it?
    a. a normal 10k hair transplant would probably get you more grafts than the 1,600 to 1,800 that gho will offer.

b. yes it is worth it, but not sure where you are at, which would determine if a juvenile hair line is possible....

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    why do poor people always think theyd be a philanthropist?
    Poor people DONT ALWAYS think they'd be philanthropists. It has nothing to do with being rich or poor. The vast majority of rich people are stingy bastards who wouldn't care less if every last being on this planet died as long as they continue to make money. I don't know many -or any- poor people who ever said they dream about helping others if they had the means. I've always helped people (financially or otherwise) even though I'm not rich and don't have much. It's what's in the heart that COUNTS.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    The vast majority of rich people are stingy bastards who wouldn't care less if every last being on this planet died as long as they continue to make money.
    Stereotype much?

I think Spencer's response is a very important sign. Finding out if HST does work as claimed should be one of the top priorities for all hair loss sufferers because if it does, it represents a major technological step forward for the industry. Cheers to the OP for bringing it up. Good effort.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gmatter View Post
    I think Spencer's response is a very important sign. Finding out if HST does work as claimed should be one of the top priorities for all hair loss sufferers because if it does, it represents a major technological step forward for the industry. Cheers to the OP for bringing it up. Good effort.
    Agreed!

Also the more I think about it, the less likely I think Gho will go out of his way to prove it, hope I'm wrong of course and Spencer can muster something up!

I think most people will see it as proof when Gho showcases e.g nw6's as the finished article with no donor thinning showing before and after photos too.

You'll always find some muppet who will never be convinced.

a. a normal 10k hair transplant would probably get you more grafts than the 1,600 to 1,800 that gho will offer.

b. yes it is worth it, but not sure where you are at, which would determine if a juvenile hair line is possible....
    nw2, mature hairline

26 yrs old. no crown/general thinning at all. Very slow hairloss.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7256

Not on meds/ want to straighten widows peak

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    I also think it might be in the best interest of the hair loss community, and Dr. Gho’s HST technique if some of the more vocal posters suggest to Dr. Gho that he train 10 or so physicians in this technique at no charge. It would not effect Dr. Gho’s long term business model and since physicians will continue to pay his company for all supplies needed for HST, he’ll still be profiting right away from this approach. An effort like this might just help to get things rolling in a positive direction if in fact HST is consistently successful. Once this is proven, it is my view, that physicians will be lining up to pay the $50,000 training fee.

I will keep the community updated concerning my communication with Dr. Gho.
    Thanks Spencer. I really wish either Dr. Paul Shapiro or Dr. Ron Shapiro could watch Dr. Gho performing HST. I say this because they're already trying to make use of Acell with FUE for better growth and healing, have great reputations, are seen as having fantastic ethics and a conservative approach donor wise as the patient's long term outcome is always put first, and are open to new ideas such as the FUE SMP combination case recently. Both parties would benefit greatly.

BTW, why doesnt gho do NW1 Hairlines if he is regenerating?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    BTW, why doesnt gho do NW1 Hairlines if he is regenerating?
    you'd look like a moron if you were nw6 and started from your nw1 hairline and moved back... it takes multiple procedures

rates are on the hasci hair website...along w everythig else people ignore
    In london it costs nearly £8k for 1200-1400 grafts.

Comparing that to other clinics I was interested in, its expensive. I can get 2000 to 3000 grafts for that money at clinics with better documented patient case studies.

You might argue the extra money is worth it, because of donor regeneration. BUT......this is about TIME. They claim HST is a long process, but other doctors i was looking into take just as long.

Gho is an awful business man/ sales man. He might be booked up, but hes missing out on so much more money. I think hes not pushing it because HST isn't ideal right now. Small sessions only, at high prices. If it was £8k for 2000-2500 grafts, id feel better.

He told me prices will continue to rise. Gho will never provide the next gen treatment people are waiting for, because i believe a viable treatment should have decent prices.

Look at the videos on HASCI site. Those grafts are being extracted pretty quickly, with what seems to be minimal effort (thanks to the custom tools?).

Other high rep doctors take much longer extracting. Then again, laser eye surgery at a top clinic will cost £3000 to £4000. That procedure is done within 30 minutes......