+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    There are a whole lot of doctors in the world who offer HT services, and they aren't all continually booked up -- only the relative handful with established reputations are. Anyone outside of that handful looking to establish and build their practices could gain a tremendous advantage by offering a supposedly superior technique available virtually nowhere else, and yet they don't. Why do you suppose that is?
    Why weren't these less-established clinics offering FUE 15 years ago? In fact the vast majority of clinics either remained quiet or questioned the procedure! It was not until the procedure was conclusively proven that we began to see a wider level of adoption, a slow process even today.

So this argument "if Gho's claims are true, surgeons would be eager to adopt it" is not a very effective one in my opinion. Just ask Dr. Ray Woods, the original pioneer of FUE, or Spencer Kobren himself who was a part of the whole process. People aren't always open to change.

I'm sure many clinics are also waiting for that conclusive proof before they invest the huge amount of time, money, and effort that is going to be needed to offer HST. The only avenue to learn it really is through Gho and nobody knows what that process is like either.

I think we all want the same thing here though and that's conclusive proof that shows whether HST works or not.

Can someone please tell me in a sentence or two, what it is they need in order to believe there is donor regrowth? I feel like I've missed something.

I think to take the stance of, "if it really worked other Drs would have taken up this by now". That is naive.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Why weren't these less-established clinics offering FUE 15 years ago? It was not until the procedure was conclusively proven that we began to see a wider level of adoption
    But that's the point. Clinics are reluctant to offer a treatment that hasn't been conclusively proved, and clinics aren't offering HST. The logical conclusion is that HST hasn't been conclusively proved, not that there's a vast conspiracy to suppress a superior treatment.

Cool

But that's the point. Clinics are reluctant to offer a treatment that hasn't been conclusively proved, and clinics aren't offering HST. The logical conclusion is that HST hasn't been conclusively proved, not that there's a vast conspiracy to suppress a superior treatment.
    But it has already been proved hasn't it?

Perhaps it's not been proven for long enough!!!

Who decides when it has been officially proven?

how much is the cost of changing to HST?

50k?

no, it is the cost of learning (50k), the cost of living where learn (your guess), and the income you forgoed while learning (year salary= $100,000-300,000), cost of training staff (your guess), cost of getting gho tools etc (your guess),

so the cost of changing to HST:

$500,000+

so...

dismiss HST as long as possible and take in $200,000 salary

vs.

pay $500,000+ and forgo at least a year to learn and implement a completely new biz strategy so you can book a few more surgeries from HST hype?

Unfortunately, doctors take into consideration more than if a procedure works.... these aren't uber -righteous heart surgeons.

Why didn't you quote my entire post where I wrote:

I'm sure many clinics are also waiting for that conclusive proof before they invest the huge amount of time, money, and effort that is going to be needed to offer HST. The only avenue to learn it really is through Gho and nobody knows what that process is like either.
    And isn't that the whole point of this thread? To once and for all, prove/disprove the procedure.

I don't think Spencer would have interviewed him last summer if he knew for a fact the procedure didn't work. I think with varying degrees, we're all in the same boat here and we would all like a definitive answer.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    dismiss HST as long as possible and take in $200,000 salary vs. pay $500,000+ and forgo at least a year to learn and implement a completely new biz strategy so you can book a few more surgeries from HST hype?
    a) Your dollar figures aren't realistic. Not every hair transplant doctor in the world is already making $200,000 per year, learning the HST technique wouldn't require an HT doctor to entirely forego his practice for a solid year, etc.

b) If HST were truly the superior treatment it's claimed to be, then the return would be well worth the investment, and yet nobody's investing.

We want to see if there is a one for one ratio between the hairs in the extracted graph and the hairs that regrow in the donor. For example, Gho extracts a 3 hair graph and puts it in the recipient where it grows 3 hairs.... but does the donor scar heal back to another 3 hair graph?

That is the only question left to answer...

we do know FOR SURE that....

1. Down time is less
    2. scarring is less
    3. SOMETHING is regenerating in the donor (although it may or may not be a one for one exchange)
    The evidence for what you wrote seems very compelling and I alluded to that in my original post. Even if you're certain that Gho's HST procedure works, this is a perfect opportunity to hear exactly what are the limitations to the procedure, beyond 5-20% of the harvested donor area not regenerating.

As we can see from just the few posts in this thread, the opinions on HST are divided. A lot of clinics and posters do not feel compelled enough by the existing evidence. My hope is that we can remove the debate and start discussing HST in the same way FUE and FUT are discussed today or if the procedure turns out to be a flop, move on.

sorry for being rude, but it has been long enough. if you have a weekly hair loss show... what else is there to talk about>? Rassman hair tats? Replicel speculation? what has he been focusing on for the last two months?
    Spencer's done a lot of great things for the hair loss community so I don't think people should be rude to him. We really need his help with all this because he's one of the few guys with the resources, reputation and visibility to pull this off.

a) Your dollar figures aren't realistic. Not every hair transplant doctor in the world is already making $200,000 per year, learning the HST technique wouldn't require an HT doctor to entirely forego his practice for a solid year, etc.

b) If HST were truly the superior treatment it's claimed to be, then the return would be well worth the investment, and yet nobody's investing.
    I agree with the first point, I actually think practices could offer HST alongside FUE, just as they offer FUE alongside FUT.

Why do you think nobody is investing? Do you believe they genuinely don't believe the proof which has been shown so far?

And what is your personal opinion on the donor regrowth that we've seen on the macro photos?

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Why do you think nobody is investing? Do you believe they genuinely don't believe the proof which has been shown so far?
    When Spencer interviewed Dr. Gho last year, Dr. Gho stated that he had a waiting list of "open-minded doctors" who were lining up to learn his technique from him. Where are those doctors?