+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    Ok, you got me! I started on Proscar today, that's true. But the side effects was just to show how pathetic some guys are when it comes to the big scary sides.
    Soon u will hear, "guys my dick exploded upon contact with propecia".

I got the sides but that was one month AFTER UPPING my dosage.

I think i'm getting back on it. Poison my body for a few years and wait for a miracle.

"Its all in your head" haha what a total joke. Finasteride is a dangerous drug which has detrimental side effects, some of which cognitive, which I think may tend to get overlooked.

http://www.andrologyjournal.org/cont...5-524-f02.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by seattle30 View Post
    "Its all in your head" haha what a total joke. Finasteride is a dangerous drug which has detrimental side effects, some of which cognitive, which I think may tend to get overlooked.

http://www.andrologyjournal.org/cont...5-524-f02.jpeg
    I totally agree. Scorpion should under no circumstances be taken seriously on this forum.

He is mentally unstable and not in any position to give medical advice. i spoke to Dr Feller, foremost expert on hair loss and he's wary of Propecia, so who to believe? Not difficult.

Hairysituation, how are you doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hairysituation, how are you doing now?
    chrisis;

Ok, you got me! I started on Proscar today, that's true. But the side effects was just to show how pathetic some guys are when it comes to the big scary sides.
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    chrisis;

10char
    Sigh

Thanks for pointing this out. It apparently takes a certain "psychology" to attract people to this forum in the first place. Take from that what you will

Finasteride sides usually occur when you come off the drug hence the term "post finasteride syndrome" (PFS), you'll experience a period of around 12 - 21 days of normal DHT levels and then you'll experience the dreaded crash - unfortunately, if this occurs there's no telling how long it takes for your entire endocrine system to normalize - if it ever does.

What a dangerous drug!

Hello! I started on genric Proscar 5% (cutted in to 4 pieces) today and I've already experienced impotence. My dick is impossible to get hard and I have tremendous testiculary pain! What should I do??
    Are you sure it's not just in your head? Spencer says it's all in your head... it must be in your head... you know psychosomatic stuff. It's just in your head... just don't think about it.. it will go away. It's in your head!!

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Are you sure it's not just in your head? Spencer says it's all in your head... it must be in your head... you know psychosomatic stuff. It's just in your head... just don't think about it.. it will go away. It's in your head!!
    Haha, ya I think ive heard him say something like that. I rarely listen to his show but have heard him talk about pfs and some of the things I was hearing him say I definitely did not agree with.

I think I heard him say something like "show me the science." He's correct that we don't know the underlying mechanism of why pfs is occuring, I think its pretty clear the persistent sides are iatrogenic. In women hormonal contraception use can result in sexual health problems even after cessation. I don't know why its so far fetched to believe that a drug that inhibits 5a reducatase could cause sexual health problems(and cognitive) after discontinuation as well. From what I have read Dr. Irwin Goldstein, along with Dr Irwig and Traish all believe it is pretty clear that 5 alpha reductase inhibitors are causing this to happen.

This "its all in your head" argument is like telling someone who is deaf that not being able to hear is a psychosomatic problem. Or telling someone with a severe case of hypothyroidism that in order to lose weight they just need to go to the gym more.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Finasteride sides usually occur when you come off the drug hence the term "post finasteride syndrome" (PFS), you'll experience a period of around 12 - 21 days of normal DHT levels and then you'll experience the dreaded crash - unfortunately, if this occurs there's no telling how long it takes for your entire endocrine system to normalize - if it ever does.
    see when you post things like this you have to show us the references