+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default I was born with a big forehead

I am a 45 year-old lady. I found out that I had a big forehead when my classmates started to tease me in 5th grade. They made my life miserable. Thirty five years have passed, but I am still suffering. It is a pain to go to the hair salon, so I learned to cut my own hair. One of my enemies is the win and another one is the shape of my face. Some people look gorgeous even if they have a big forehead, but that's not the case if you have chubby cheeks like me. I had a hair transplant consultation and plan to have it done in two more months. I forgot to ask something that may change my plans. If I haven't had any hair loss ever, will I need to use medication (topical or oral) the rest of my life to keep the implanted hair follicles alive? I just want to pay the $8,400, have a hair transplant and forget that my problem ever existed.

Thanks for your answers!

Hi Dreamer,

In your situation, you should not need to take medications. Many women who had "big foreheads" have had hair transplants.

Take care,

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    I forgot to ask something that may change my plans. If I haven't had any hair loss ever, will I need to use medication (topical or oral) the rest of my life to keep the implanted hair follicles alive? I just want to pay the $8,400, have a hair transplant and forget that my problem ever existed.

Thanks for your answers!
    No, you won't. Those medications are only for men and are prescribed with hair transplants to prevent future loss after a procedure. You aren't actually losing your hair like men are, you were simply born with a big forehead, so you don't have to worry about stopping future hairloss.

I know that all surgical procedures carry some risks, but I reviewed the papers that my doctor gave me and I didn't like a part that says, "Local anesthetics (lidocaine, bupivacaine) with Adrenaline (epinephrine) may have effects on many of the body's organs systems, including the heart. Such effects may include allergic reactions, irregular heartbeat or even, in unusual circumstances, a heart attack." Did any of you feel something strange like skipped beats, tachycardia or any unsual feeling due to the epinephrine surging through your body? How long does the effect last? Thanks for your kind answers.

I don't know what medications my doctor used to numb me up for the surgery but I can tell you that I never experienced any of those effects you have listed.

That sounds like a general disclaimer to me.

I had the procedure done today. I suffered a lot thinking about all the posible complications because I had had atrial fibrillation in the past and was worried about a heart rythm irregularity. Anyway I needed this hair transplant. My heartbeat increased two or three times during the procedure, but only for a minute. My doctor told me that the Valium was going to keep everything under control. I will post my before and after pictures later. I probably need to wait until November to see the results. Thanks for you support and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    I probably need to wait until November to see the results.
    It will take longer than that but you should be fine.