Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by kathy schinner View Post
    Can anyone tell me what might work best for my hair loss. After many test, so far the only thing is a very high dhea level. My dheas is normal. But my dhea is 1200. As far as I know, there is nothing that can lower ones dhea. Is that true? My hair is constantly falling for 1.5 years now. It is sooo thin now. My endo suggest spiro. But I'm afraid to start it from hearing about the dread shed. What percentage of people who use spiro get the dread shed? Also, once stopped, does all your gained hair fall out? My hair comes back in, but thin, and grey. And sometimes the new ones also fall out. But I would just be happy to stop the hair fall . Any help or siggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kathy
    Hi Kathy,
    I answered your question here:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...38&postcount=6

I'm not sure what you can do about your DHEA levels, so we'll see if we can have one of the docs respond.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.