+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    All I'm saying is the younger you are, the less likely your hair loss will be accepted by peers and those around you. Young hair loss sufferers are not the norm.
    And I disagree with you
    Lots of people buzz or shave their heads now a days
    Teens, 20's, 30 's , 40's , 50 's etc
    It is now considerd acceptable for men to shave their heads
    No one gives a shit accept for those of us who don't have the balls to do it ourselves
    No one gives it a second look when you see a guy with a buzzed head
    But you see a guy with a grotesque comb over , you take a another look and ask why he doesn't just shave it off

And to finally make my point for 'older' guy's - Spencer ain't no spring chicken either (sorry dude;p) So should he give up as well and shave his hair off?

Personally I get weird vibes from 'Joe from Staten Island' when listening to him on the bald truth talk. Not to talk shit or pass judgement unnecessarily, but I feel at his age he's focusing a little more on his hair loss than he is his family /his kids. I listened to an episode where it was discussed how his (ten year old?) child had verbalized concerns regarding hair loss. Your focus becomes your reality, and one should be cautious when acting the position of a role model. We should by no means let this condition dictate our lives, and /or become especially obsessive over it. But this is especially the case when there are children in the equation, whom their parents have the utmost influence over. Not healthy. Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    And to finally make my point for 'older' guy's - Spencer ain't no spring chicken either (sorry dude;p) So should he give up as well and shave his hair off?
    Spencer lost his hair in his early twenies he never got to enjoy his hair other than in highschool BIG DIFFERENCE.

We are talking about guys who lose their hair in their late 30s late 40s who are like : "Omg im losing my hair my life is over! " what life? you already had a life...and I bet it was good...at least way better than us poor young hair loss sufferers.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Lots of people buzz or shave their heads now a days
    Teens, 20's, 30 's , 40's , 50 's etc
    It is now considerd acceptable for men to shave their heads
    Very true, I'm with you on that one.

No one gives a shit accept for those of us who don't have the balls to do it ourselves
    Any radical change in appearance, such as a buzz cut or shaved head from having hair (whatever degree) will be noticed. Yes, people will in time adjust to your change in appearance, this is natural, of course.

No one gives it a second look when you see a guy with a buzzed head
    Here is where our opinions differ. As discussed in previous threads, some people look better with buzzed or shaved heads, naturally. Head size, shape, and degree of hair loss are all clearly factors concerning how someone will look with a close crop.

I've tried buzzing my head before, in multiple instances. Problem is I have a smaller than average head size. This, coupled with my receded hairline, has put me off doing it for a while. I would also like to point out that degree of hair loss /temple recession becomes entirely more noticeable with a buzz cut. There is literally no hiding what you're dealing with.

The solution, you might say, is to shave completely. Again, I refer to points such as ideallic head characteristics, and the fact that cue ball is by no means a necessarily 'normal' haircut among youth (late teens, early 20s).

But you see a guy with a grotesque comb over , you take a another look and ask why he doesn't just shave it off
    Yes, you get to a certain point, you cut your losses, so to speak.

But you've come off my original point completely. I said the younger you are, the less likely your hair loss will be accepted by peers and those around you. Young hair loss sufferers are not especially the norm. I stand by this.

You're trying to tell me people who deal with any degree of hair loss are often too scared to either buzz or shave their heads. I'm telling you there are reasons this look is not a be all end all solution, but can only necessarily be deemed appropriate/inappropriate provided someone has already tried to do so.

My point remains, hair loss is hard at any age. Hair loss is especially hard among youth. We all suffer in a similar manner, but to varying degrees, considering various factors such as age, emotional stability, support, etc.

@Maradona:Every picture I've seen of him he's got a mop on his head and he ain't looking like he's in his 20's. Yep you have a point-up to the age of 38ish I had wicked hair, I've been very fortunate. so I hit 40 and am supposed to say **** it eh? Nah you're wrong it doesn't work like that, people care about their hair whatever age if - they have an any self respect and care about their appearance or whatever other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    But - i also get pissed off hearing younger guy's saying i shouldnt worry about it. Well, i do - and i alway's will. Luckily it's been a slow process for me - started around the age of 27, and hasn't been a rollercoaster ride to hell, but the ride is heading there - and you bet it concern's me.
    Understandable, absolutely. As I've said, it's shitter. Whatever your age, people worry.

How we cope with our worries and our fears is what's important. We should aspire to embrace our fears, and do away with our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Spencer lost his hair in his early twenies he never got to enjoy his hair other than in highschool BIG DIFFERENCE. .
    Looks like he still has hair

http://www.spencerkobren.com/about-2/

Akso , remmeber he's been taking meds ( Propecia ) for 17 years . I guess hairloss bothers him enough to continue to take meds for such a long time

"
    August 27, 2008

On a personal note, I have been using the drug for more than fourteen years and at this point have experienced no adverse side effects that I am aware of. There are countless men all over the world who are successfully treating their hair loss with Propecia. In my opinion, at this point there is no known reason to be concerned about long term adverse side effects.

Hope this helps,
    Regards,
    Spencer Kobren "

Yes, at any age it sucks and people will worry but if you are 40 and cant get over hairloss, thats pretty bad. At some point you got to say screw it, im going to enjoy the time i have with my wife and kids. The young guys dont have that option, we still are searching for our identity.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Yes, at any age it sucks and people will worry but if you are 40 and cant get over hairloss, thats pretty bad. At some point you got to say screw it, im going to enjoy the time i have with my wife and kids. The young guys dont have that option, we still are searching for our identity.
    Err, do you think you'll ever get over your hairloss then?! Ok - you're searching for your identity, I understand that.

I'm losing mine, I had it, liked it and it's going, so I'm pissed as well.