+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Default Going back to work tomorrow

So here 16 days post op, I am going back to work tomorrow Monday. Its hard to see any clear visible signs of my HT, except a slight redness is still visible in the hairline and sometimes the donor area turns a bit red, like on the picture.

Aloe Vera Gel was a savior, it helped a lot especially these last 4 days to reduce the redness and I feel comfortable now returning to work. I followed the recommendations and cut myself very short just after Christmas, so people are used to see me with a very short haircut.

Have to say, that there was no way, I could have returned to work after 7-10 days without wearing hat. Just for information if you will be planning down time for a future HT. I know we are all different - but it is optimistic to think that anyone can return after 7 days (see my pics after 7 days in a post further up).

Only some hairs have fallen out until now. For first time in years I have something that looks like a mature hairline - unfortunately I know that it will only last some days more and then maybe 3 months of ugly duckling period :-(

So far happy with the healing process. Cannot wait to see the grown out results, but wow 12-15 months is a long waiting time.

Will return in a months time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16 days postop front.jpg

Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	13492   Click image for larger version

Name:	16 days postop right.jpg

Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	13493   Click image for larger version

Name:	16 days postop left.jpg

Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	13494   Click image for larger version

Name:	16 days postop back.jpg

Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	13495  

Looks good, Not sure why people say short haircuts don't work with Hair transplants, You can not see any difference between the native and transplanted hair.

How are you feeling about going back to work?

Looks good, Not sure why people say short haircuts don't work with Hair transplants, it looks fine, yeah it looks a bit thinner but its a million times better than a slap head look.

How are you feeling about going back to work?

Hi Sausage,
    Thanks for your comments. I felt comfortably. First day at work is over and today is second.

I did not get any comments, except one who said that I looked different with such a short "army" cut... I felt like saying - that is because I have a hairline now :-)

Agree with you, considering maybe 30% of my hairs at least has shed already on the picture 16 days Postop, believe I can cut it to a low grade in 12 months and it will look great (that is what I hope), even if I probably will wear it longer than that, its nice to have the option.

Have seen 2 Feriduni patients who had shave down to say a 2nd grade and looked great, no signs of HT.

This looks very good so far .
    No big unhappy face scar
    The short look suits you and frames your face well
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    believe I can cut it to a low grade in 12 months and it will look great (that is what I hope), even if I probably will wear it longer than that, its nice to have the option.

Have seen 2 Feriduni patients who had shave down to say a 2nd grade and looked great, no signs of HT.
    I can't believe there is so much disagreement about HT's with a short buzz look. People involved directly within the Hair transplant industry, people that have had transplants and general people who do lots of research and look at many results all have a differing opinion.

Maybe sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, just depends if it suits you or if your surgeon did a good job or not.

Hi Dave52,
    Thanks for your comments. Happy so far, but not keen on loosing my new given hairline the next couple of weeks and have to wait probably 3-4 months to see real growth, but I at least I know its going to happen so I can mentally prepare.

Happy to hear I can get away with the low grade haircut - honestly I think most people can, it is just a matter of trying it for a week or so, I could have sworn I could not, but I think it looks ok.

To Sausage,
    I think you are asking the right questions on here. Keep doing that. Its ok to go for the ball and keep questioning, why different IAHRS clinics seems to be so sure, what is recommendable and not for a patient. That's why the years of research makes you so much sure of what to do. I was 100% sure that it would be FUE or nothing - I did not want a strip scar - even if they are very thin and looking more or less consistently ok today from some top clinics, you can just never really go to a grade 1-2 clipper, which put me off.

Maybe it is easier to think about your hair for life when you are 37 like me - but I think that many 25 year old's need to think about their hairline and donor and potentially shorter haircuts when they are 50+.

Some younger people want great (full head) hair now to find a girl or a great job, and think that when they are 45+ they would not care anymore how they look or if they can shave down to a low grade. Well guess what - if you were into your own looks in your 20'ies, you will be - also in your 40'ies....

Some younger people want great (full head) hair now to find a girl or a great job, and think that when they are 45+ they would not care anymore how they look or if they can shave down to a low grade. Well guess what - if you were into your own looks in your 20'ies, you will be - also in your 40'ies....
    So true. I'm taking a wait and see approach with all this. Anyways, I don't have the finances in place to do anything for awhile anyway which is just as well.

Can't wait to see this result grown out.

Default still- researching

Pictures after 4 days and after 1 week.

Copied from the post just above - description that belongs to these pictures:

Donor area has been good basically from day 2. After 7 days post the donor area in the back is invisible and nobody can see it, even up close. On the sides, guess if I have been harder on the scraps, I maybe could have made it invisible too, but these were the last graft extracted in the second round on second day, so still visible up close.

Receipient area is another story. Sure I could not have gone back to work after 7 days even with Acell. So keep that in mind for your HT planning.

Only concern at this point is the wrinkle/lines in the receipient area where it seems hair is missing for 1 mm - see picture 7 days post op. I have seen this with other FUE dense pack sessions, so guess normal, but hard to see when its your own scalp :-( Surely hope this is changes in the scalp that makes these "gaps" and they will look good when normalized, if anyone have any comments - please shoot - will send to Feriduni today to hear his views also of course...

Will strive to give an update after the 1 month postop.
    Hi
    it look's realy good, I wish you all the best

Hi Still-Researching,

Results look awesome, and thanks very much for the write up - really helpful.

The only thing that concerns me in your post is the 'capping' - 20% in some areas sounds like quite a lot? Especially if it happens on the 3 or 4 haired grafts which are the most valuable. Is this normal, and what do you think about it?