+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

I definitely agree and if it were me, I would enjoy the great result and preserve that precious donor for the future.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Ok attached is my receipient area after one week, I was expecting hairs to grow threw everywhere that there is scabs, and 2nd 3rd pics are now, I think people see the pics and focus on generally how my hair looks (i'm probably a norwood 2), but I paid £2,500 for a few fine wispy hairs as per in the red area... I don't consider that a great result at all, i knew it would never be as thick as existing hair but surely it has to be better than that. If I were to go for FUE again with a reputable surgeon, I would need at least another 2,500 to make a acceptable cosemetic difference wouldn;t I?

And last 2 pics are just to show what difference Mane micro fiber spray can do, I never use it though, i find it too messy and hard to wash out your hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	20020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg

Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	20021   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	20022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2250.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	20023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2251.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	20024  

Hey Jim. Your hair looks great. I dont know how many grafts the doctor put in but from your photos it looks like 500. tops. Maybe you would like to go back and ask him how many he put in.

That stuff you put in makes your hair look perfect. I think its worth the hassle if you go out on a special occasion.

Have you ever tried derm match and toppik/caboki ?

Hi, I was told it was 2,400, a few members on the forum have stated that it is a lot of grafts to use in such a small area, I’ve seen another user who went to the same clinic and they said he had the same number of grafts, I suspect that this is their magic number of grafts that they say when people ask. I would be more happy if it was just 500-1000 as that way they haven't wasted too much of my donor area. Either it was 2,000 ish and poorly performed or it was a much lower number like you suggest.

Basically the dr that was supposed to do the transplant didn't, as he was tied up with something, so a women did it, it was in Turkey, so I didn't understand what was said, but I distinctly remember when the dry came in to check, which he did every few hours, there were raised voices, and the woman and dr had a difference of opinion, basically from what he looked at after giving the woman a telling off, I think it was a overharvestation of my scalp on the left hand side as I was a little bit thin to start with there, and now I have to comb in a particular motion to ensure it looks like I have adequate coverage.

No I’ve not really tried any others, for me the mess it makes on the pillow and the fact that my girlfriend wouldn't be able to stroke my hair doesn’t really make it a viable option, plus if someone sees you with a flawless hairline one day (all combed straight back) and not so much days later, it might seem a bit weird.

It does look a bit thin in those photos. I would expect greater density from 2400 grafts covering that area, so either you received fewer grafts than you were told or a proportion of the grafts failed to grow.

I looked back at your post-op photos showing the scabbing. I get the feeling that you had less than 2400 grafts as they don't appear to be placed to a high density. I had 2500 grafts over a similar size area and I think the grafts appear much more tightly packed in comparison. My photo is below. What do you think?

But your photos aren't the clearest so I can't be sure and this shouldn't be taken as gospel.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I would say it's probably around 1,500 grafts, and 50-60% grew,

If they were based in the uk, I would go in with a baseball bat and get some answers lol, but i'm not flying out to istanbul again, thankfully it was £2,500 not £10,000

Do you have any more photos of the donor area straight after the procedure? Some clearer shots that might show how many extractions were made?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Your temples do look pretty thin unfortunately. It looks like the price you paid for what you had done was too good to be true.

Maybe save up for surgery with an established surgeon? That is if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob1966 View Post
    I would say it's probably around 1,500 grafts, and 50-60% grew,

If they were based in the uk, I would go in with a baseball bat and get some answers lol, but i'm not flying out to istanbul again, thankfully it was £2,500 not £10,000
    Your hair does look great, even if he ripped you off for grafts. And the way you look is what counts!!!

The price was a little steep but the finished product looks fine if you thicken it up with concealer. Are you considering a touch up procedure to dense pack?

heres donor area, don't know if you could tell how much they extracted matt? and one recipient side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.jpg

Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	20074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg

Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	20075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg

Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	20076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg

Size:	46.5 KB