+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The FDA "approves" medications, not devices. The FDA "clears" devices. In order to get FDA clearance, Lexington had to prove both safety and efficacy - and they proved it more than once.

I've been using my laser comb for over four years. I know what it does. I am getting appreciable benefit from using it so I am going to continue to use it.
    I believe in "my" situation, I might help stop measurable hair loss before it is extremely too late!!! "I truly believe mind over matter"!

Follicle, what was your level of hair loss before deciding to use LLLT? IM very particular about my looks, I always have been. Im using the brush to maintain what healthy, and striving to be healthy hair follicles that remain on my scalp! Im starting to be a little more sensitive to peoples needs. I def notice this devastates people a little harder then myself. My friend, I have no idea if anything "period" truly works! I don't believe if you have a shiny patch of hair loss, meaning i can see your scalp, no lasercomb is not gonna give you what you hope for. I believe just like the comb is advertised, it "promotes" and stimulates growth!!!

Back to your question.... show me proof...... The internet is full of before and after photos of all non and FDA approved treatments. In every single damn photo, there is always growth. Back to your question, I have no idea?????.... I can conclude this, I'm willing to try. The placebo effect can work wonders! If you wake every morning saying, im gonna be sick, I'm gonna be depressed, I'm gonna be mad all day, Guess what, You will!!! I will not lay down and let life's terms on any level beat my Human spirit down!!!

Real Quick, 15 years ago, would you believe me If I told you a laser could actually whiten your teeth??? How about a laser correcting your eye sight? Why is the belief of laser treatment for hair growth any different? I'm a little off subject. I just want to open some views, and express my own.
    Best wishes
    Stylus187

I still have an ok amount of hair. A bit of a sneaky styling and it looks passable sometimes. I've never tried LLLT but they always play tricks with the lights and parting of the hair in photos I've seen.

Tracy you're right about the whole approved and cleared thing but, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the point I was trying to make is that it is FDA cleared because it is safe, not because it helps hairloss. Call me out on that if I'm wrong as I haven't checked up on it but I vaguely seem to recall Joe Tillman talking about it ages ago.

Wish the power of suggestion grew me some hair.

I'm not a negative Neddy but I do believe the laser comb is a scam unfortunately. It might improve the appearance of your hair like brushing or blowing drying might but I'm extremely skeptical it does anything to help with hairloss. I believe they can be pretty expensive so I'd just rather not see someone scammed.

Tracy, if you've been using minoxidil for the last 4 years too (I don't know if you have or haven't) you can't know for sure that the laser comb is helping. I hope it is but I can't see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I'm not a negative Neddy but I do believe the laser comb is a scam unfortunately.
    We can agree to disagree and still be friends.

Tracy, if you've been using minoxidil for the last 4 years too (I don't know if you have or haven't) you can't know for sure that the laser comb is helping. I hope it is but I can't see how.
    As I have said many times, for the first six months of treating my hair loss, I used only the laser comb - and nothing else. I saw improvement and others saw improvement. If others were seeing a difference in my hair, the effect is appreciable. My sister even bought one for herself after she had seen what using the laser comb had done for my hair. My sister and I both suffer with hair loss. Since I am older than her, my hair loss was much worse than hers. Anyways, it improved her hair as well.

So yes, I can be certain that using the laser comb improved my hair - and the improvement was noticeable. It did "something" and that something it did was appreciable and beneficial. I didn't even know there was any controversy over it until I joined this forum.

...correct me if I'm wrong here, but the point I was trying to make is that it is FDA cleared because it is safe, not because it helps hairloss.
    In order to get the FDA clearance, Lexington had to prove both safety and efficacy. They had to do so more than once. A great example is the recent clearance they received for treating female hair loss. Lexington had to do a completely separate study to prove efficacy in treating female hair loss. The FDA already knew the laser comb was safe but they made Lexington prove efficacy in treating female hair loss. The study did prove efficacy so they got the clearance for treating female hair loss. That clearance would not have happened if the laser comb did nothing at all.

Of course we can agree to disagree and still be friends.

Debate is healthy. I'll keep an open mind to LLLT for female hair loss for the time being. As for MPB, there's simply no way I can see it working given the science. I'll have a look at that Lexington study some time.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe View Post
    Hi all,

I am already on propecia (8 months now) and minoxidil (a few years) and the results have been fair. I cut down my propecia dosage to .5 mg at about the 5 month mark and definitely noticed an improvement--I truly believe my prolonged shedding was due to my oversensitivity to the drug. My goal is to halt my hair loss and if I can regrow a little then why not ;-)

I have been giving laser combs some thought--can anyone attest to laser combs benefiting them? I would love to hear some feedback on this topic.

Look forward to hearing from you!
    New to the forum so sharing my experience.

I used the Hairmax Lasercomb (I believe it was 9 lasers) for about 11 months. No benefit. Initially I thought I was getting a cosmetic benefit but if so, it did not last.

I then build a laser helmet based using 300 diode lasers. Again, initially very good root lift which was a cosmetic benefit. Then I shed like crazy. Worst I have every had. Shedding stabilized after 6 months. I stuck with it for 15 months and then eventually gave up. No long-term benefits for me.

Good luck.

LLLT does not work for everyone. I have continued to benefit from using my laser comb for over four years. I do agree that the benefit is cosmetic to some degree. What LLLT does is it increases the caliber, increases the strength and improves the quality of the hair that you have, including hair that has grown back from using Minoxidil. For some people that may not be enough. For me it was and still is enough to keep using it. However, I can easily see how that benefit would not be appreciable to someone who has large patches that are void of hair and have been that way for a long time.

Laser Comb Folilaser - http://folilaser.com Used for about two years. Seems to work for me. I could just be lucky and my hair loss would have slowed down anyway. However over the past two years my hair loss has bee minimal. I don't use any drugs for my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve6821 View Post
    Laser Comb Folilaser - http://folilaser.com Used for about two years. Seems to work for me. I could just be lucky and my hair loss would have slowed down anyway. However over the past two years my hair loss has bee minimal. I don't use any drugs for my hair.
    Did you really just register here to post this in this old and inactive thread? What was the status of your hair when you started your treatment?

Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Geo88 View Post
    Good stuff
    I think it works better for women than men. For men as a stand alone treatment its pretty much worthless. Combine it with propecia and maybe it helps a bit. Basically I don't think it makes a cosmetically noticeable difference for most people.