+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    What company makes that? I'm looking at Amazon here, and there seems to be a couple. Which did the study use? Which do you use? I wouldn't mind a thicker beard anyway. Looks good with the bald head.
    Hey Davey, the company I'm using is called Nutraceutical Sciences Institute (NSI). Got it off Amazon for like 25 US dollars. The "Vitacost" version. If you get it do not be alarmed that the bottle looks differently than the pictured bottle on Amazon. It's the same stuff. I'm pretty sure the study used the same blend. If I remember correctly the company that engineers it is called Carotech, but I don't think they sell it directly.

So has TRX3 been any good for you guys?

Happy to report that I am not shedding since taking toco. I am on my second tub, so been taking toco for 2 and a half months.

I have today bought some nizarol and now using it in conjunction with toco as an additional measure. Only found 1-2 strands of hair on my hand.

Will use Niz once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Happy to report that I am not shedding since taking toco. I am on my second tub, so been taking toco for 2 and a half months.

I have today bought some nizarol and now using it in conjunction with toco as an additional measure. Only found 1-2 strands of hair on my hand.

Will use Niz once a week.
    PS, I use Niz once every other day and have never experienced any problems. It seems to control the oil on my head. I like a good shaved head, but I've never been a fan of the shiny look. I'm into a more matte finish for my dome.

But the point is, you can try to use it more often if you want, and if you experience redness, back off. Everyone is different. I've heard of people using it as much as once a day, which I can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    PS, I use Niz once every other day and have never experienced any problems. It seems to control the oil on my head. I like a good shaved head, but I've never been a fan of the shiny look. I'm into a more matte finish for my dome.

But the point is, you can try to use it more often if you want, and if you experience redness, back off. Everyone is different. I've heard of people using it as much as once a day, which I can't do.
    I remember when I used Revita, I experienced a shed. Without really shedding if you get my drift.

It's active ingredient was keto.

So dont think its a good idea to use niz more then once a week - will alternate with my organic shampoo.

btw how much of the niz do you put on your hands before shampooing.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I remember when I used Revita, I experienced a shed. Without really shedding if you get my drift.

It's active ingredient was keto.

So dont think its a good idea to use niz more then once a week - will alternate with my organic shampoo.

btw how much of the niz do you put on your hands before shampooing.
    Yeah, I hope it's not hurting my hair. Like I said, I use it for oil control at this point, which it does really well. I did start using it to retain hair, but it's hard to tell with how short I keep it.

But from purely anecdote, I've heard people saying every other day worked best for them when using the 1%. I typically use a little pool, about the size of a dime, in my palm. That is after washing my hair with an organic shampoo first.

As long as you can maintain, that is more then enough. I am hoping this regime can help me maintain until new treatments come out.

I really like toco-8.

Just so that others know I am on a weight training program as well. Have not experienced hairloss.

I take it that you are a low norwood as well?...I keep my hair longish.

I just received my 2nd pot of Toco-8 through the post.....

The consistency and taste of this one is different from the first.

The first was a dry powder which tasted like paint powder that kids use to paint with.

This second one is not as dry, it sticks together more and tastes different, it seems to have more of a taste to it, slightly sweet.

Has anyone noticed differences between theirs?

It has been hot in the UK the past few days so I think that may have caused it, I keep it in a draw but it has been very hot and stuffy in my room the past 3 days.

Default toco

have some of you experienced initial shed or increased shed when started taking toco?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I just received my 2nd pot of Toco-8 through the post.....

The consistency and taste of this one is different from the first.

The first was a dry powder which tasted like paint powder that kids use to paint with.

This second one is not as dry, it sticks together more and tastes different, it seems to have more of a taste to it, slightly sweet.

Has anyone noticed differences between theirs?

It has been hot in the UK the past few days so I think that may have caused it, I keep it in a draw but it has been very hot and stuffy in my room the past 3 days.
    Put it in the fridge.