+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    "Sometimes it grows in nice and evenly. Other times, you have to grow it long where it takes root and settle for a comb over."

Is he saying that some patients don't have enough hair so they have to settle for a combover to achieve max coverage? Or is he saying that there's a chance your hair will grow out a certain way thus giving you limited options when it comes to styling your hair?
    I'm not sure what the author was saying when he wrote that but I have gotten the impression that he didn't really grasp everything about hair transplants, from the technical side to the emotional side his comprehension of the everything seemed to be low and superficial. I do credit his interest for writing this in the first place though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkel View Post
    I just read the article and it’s lame. The doctor they quoted sounded like a real salesman and the reporter sounded very condescending. I'm not sure what he meant by the combover comment either.
    I would have to agree with the salesman part. But it may have been the way the reporter wrote it. They pick and choose quotes, so I guess be on guard with everything you say if you are ever interviewed

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I just read the article too and both the writer and the doctor where a big turn off to me. The idea of an open house with semi celebrity hair transplant patients being present sounds sleazy. It sounds like he was reporting on Tupperware party. That’s creepy.
    But what did you really think? LOL. I'm kidding. I know what you are talking about. The idea of a hair transplant open house sounds kinda wacky.