+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Capixyl

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I have heard that Minoxidil can cause itching and irritation, and in some cases, may contribute to hair loss.

I stopped using Minoxidil for several reasons:
    -Both the foam and liquid forms made my head smell like rubbing alcohol
    -It was impossible to style my hair the way I wanted or even make my hair look presentable with Minoxidil in it. Both the foam and liquid versions made my hair look plastered to my head, which of course drew more attention to my thinning areas.
    -After a year of use, I could not discern any positive difference in my hair. If anything, I continued to lose hair during the time I was on it.
    -While using Minoxidil, I developed the worst case of dandruff/seborrhea and scalp itch that I have ever had. I can't say this was because of Minoxidil, but nothing like that had ever happened to me before.

For a while, I tried only using Minox at night right before bedtime, but it left unsightly yellow stains on my pillow cases. Nothing would remove the stains, and I had to throw the pillow cases away.
    You know, I never experienced any of those things. Not a single one. I'm sorry it's just too much to believe. You sound like a shill.

I had similar experience with minox. The itch makes me rub my head when I was in sleep. I am wondering if I am losing more than what has been grown back..

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You know, I never experienced any of those things. Not a single one. I'm sorry it's just too much to believe. You sound like a shill.

Tracy, you disappoint me. I have been a member of this forum for some time now, and having read a number of your posts on other topics, I normally respect your opinions and consider you a valuable resource to the community, but I feel your last post crosses a line into paranoia. Accusing longstanding forum members of being shills simply because their experiences and opinions differ from yours accomplishes nothing and only prevents the community from openly discussing and debating issues.

If you've had success with minoxidil, then good for you, by all means continue to use it. It is after all, the only FDA approved topical hair loss treatment. It didn't work for me, and I feel it may have contributed to the scalp irritation I now have, which has been verified by three separate dermatologists. Scalp irritation is an acknowledged side effect of minoxidil, it is even mentioned on the packaging, and even the Project Norma researchers discuss it in their blog here:

http://www.hairloss-research.com/hai...nts/minoxidil/

Furthermore, if you read my posts on this topic, Capixyl, nowhere am I advocating that anyone buy the stuff. I am in fact quite skeptical of new products, but for several reasons I am not yet prepared to dismiss this one out of hand. I bumped this thread because I became aware that the product was now on the market, and I was hoping that forum members, especially those with medical/scientific backgrounds, could opine on the product's claims and supposed mechanisms of action. If you have nothing more to contribute on the topic at hand, then I respectfully request that you not clutter this thread with meaningless posts accusing me of shilling.