+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Looking good. At this stage just looks like a bit of irritation or shaving burn. Good stuff. Keep the photos coming.

@ejj, hey man I think your results look great, especially the fact there is no scaring on your face. I am thinking of around 130 beard hairs to be put into my scar which is around 1mm wide but 5 inches long. What do you think? I consider HT a mistake and just want to fix my scar but have no scars on my head, it seems under the chin is the best place to take from a beard. I like Bisangas work as he seems to work on a lot of scar cases. It seems you hairs are growing the right way as well and it seems Bisanga gets good results with this as well as Feriduni, Cole on the other hand seems to place them in funny angles....Do you think there is some skill involved in this? I have heard many times that it is up in the air how the FUEed hairs grow in a scar but I wouldn't rely on anything an unsuccessful doctor says as he just wants the dollar. What do you know about the placement in the scar? For instance this guys results are good an all but the hairs are sticking straight up...and my not shaving the top and bottom of the hair it looks like Cole failed at completely filling it in (of course this may have been the patients choice to do it stealth), but do you get what I am saying ejj and everyone or anyone that can help? Not trying to knock the Colester as he seems to do decent scar grafts an all but I have to believe that these docs might have figured out this dilema by know, right? Or perhaps I am dead wrong, the reason I ask is because my scar is smaller than the example I gave and think my scar can be camoed at his length as long as the hairs are placed right and it is properly filled in. Anyone got any answers on this?

Or perhaps the hairs will settle with time?

Hi Stevey

Thanks for the comments , i think your right re the hairs ,they settle over time , i think you have a good plan extracting from under the chin , that amount should hide your scar completly , keep me posted with what you decide, im back in november another 1k grafts into my scars ( former strip )
    will update before procedure

all the best

ejj

Hey ejj, I can't tell you how much I respect guys like you and topcat that come here and help others with your experience. This scar thing can really sqrew a dude up for a time. Can you tell us more about Bisanga? Do you think he is the best at extracting beard hairs? Do you think extracting beard hair is an art or is the same as extracting head hair? Do you think Bisanga has better results that Feriduni? What do you think of Cole? What do you think of what I said about Cole and shaving a bit of the hair below and above? Do you think fraxel can help? What else have you done to your scar? Are you planning on cutting your hair lower? How long was it til no noticeable signs of your under the chin scars went away? Do you notice a difference in beard hair and your head hair? How many of Bisangas clients are scar grafting cases? Did Bisanga advise any other alternative to help with your scar besides grafting? Did you see any result she had at his office that were cases of guys with very thin strip scars and the aftermath of being repaired? Sorry, I know I have asked many questions as myself and thousands can benefit form your response, I am sure your next surgery will go great and I wish you the best. If anyone else can chim in please do.

ejj can you take a look at my scars via email? Perhaps I can sed my email address to ya via a private message. maybe you can give me your advise on my scar beard and so on...I have had others opinions but another experianced guy like yourself couldn't hurt.

Hi Stevie

yes send me your email would be interesting to look at your pictures .
    Your right Ive been wearing scars for some time it does restrict your life somewhat ! swimming , holidays, sunny days , windy days , living under a hat ....
    The main thing is not to make it worse , and take a `go slow ` approach , assess growth and healing ,

Dr Bisanga is an extremely skilled Dr , i had a .8mm manual punch used on my face ive had 2k grafts extracted and have no visible marks , this was my biggest concern ,

I often wonder as to the constant stream of ` latest products` marketed to aid fue practioners , scribes, super sharp punches, suck o graft ,implanter pens , and now a ` robot`..... you have to ask who does this benefit ? Dr or patient , my view is that the Drs who invest in such just cant master the `art ` of fue to the standard that only a handful of Drs have .

Dr Cole has a scar repair patient who posts on here , the work looks good , I have not met patients of the other Drs so would find it hard to comment

I can scissor cut my hair shorter now than at any time over the last 20 years so am pleased with that , the beard hair is coarser slightly than my scalp hair , i think it gives better coverage as one beard hair is about the same thickness as 4 of my scalp hair , Dr Bisanga has got the angulation spot on ,for me this is important as i get lots more coverage , im unsure as to the amount of repair work the Dr does , i followed a few posters who were in need of repair and contacted them and looked at there results , i found there opinions and advice valuable

hope this helps

ejj

@ ejj, how can I send a private message? Do you think extracting beard hair is an art or is the same as extracting head hair? What do you think of what I said about Cole and shaving a bit of the hair below and above? Did Bisanga advise any other alternative to help with your scar besides grafting? I would love to hear your advise though man, I am sure yo will get better results and it is good to hear Bisanga really has the hair placement into the scar down. But how do I private message you?? Does anyone know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    @ejj, hey man I think your results look great, especially the fact there is no scaring on your face. I am thinking of around 130 beard hairs to be put into my scar which is around 1mm wide but 5 inches long. What do you think? I consider HT a mistake and just want to fix my scar but have no scars on my head, it seems under the chin is the best place to take from a beard. I like Bisangas work as he seems to work on a lot of scar cases. It seems you hairs are growing the right way as well and it seems Bisanga gets good results with this as well as Feriduni, Cole on the other hand seems to place them in funny angles....Do you think there is some skill involved in this? I have heard many times that it is up in the air how the FUEed hairs grow in a scar but I wouldn't rely on anything an unsuccessful doctor says as he just wants the dollar. What do you know about the placement in the scar? For instance this guys results are good an all but the hairs are sticking straight up...and my not shaving the top and bottom of the hair it looks like Cole failed at completely filling it in (of course this may have been the patients choice to do it stealth), but do you get what I am saying ejj and everyone or anyone that can help? Not trying to knock the Colester as he seems to do decent scar grafts an all but I have to believe that these docs might have figured out this dilema by know, right? Or perhaps I am dead wrong, the reason I ask is because my scar is smaller than the example I gave and think my scar can be camoed at his length as long as the hairs are placed right and it is properly filled in. Anyone got any answers on this?
    Hi SteveR.......One nice thing about Coles web site is he is showing multiple strip scar grafting cases. If there is one thing to get from looking at these cases of scar repair is that once the scalp is cut and resutured as in a traditional strip case, the hair direction changes. Look closely to the case you attached and you will see this. the hair growth above the scar is growing in one direction, and the growth below is in another. In addition, the more procedures you have done, the worse the growth direction becomes. I'll include a pre-op photo of my scars and look closely at the direction of the hair growth of my native hair above and below my lower scar. In some areas they almost appear to grow sideways or up. It sucks but its a reality of stip scars and is factored in the repair process. You just don't see this as much with individuals with longer hair as it tends to lay flatter. Every high quality HT Doctor is well aware of hair direction when placing grafts. It is one of the basic fundamentals of a procedure. Make sure your not cconfusing graft angulation with a change in native hair angulation. another Big factor that impacts the direction of the graft hairs is the scar texture. A smooth scar is going to be much easier to work with than a raised or depressed one. Each case is differant. individuals who leave their hair longer are going to see the hair lay down better as apposed to those who shave with a #1 guard. I can tell you after my procedure for the first week or so as the hairs continued to grow, I could feel they were placed in the direction of the general growth pattern of my hair because I could feel this if I ran my fingers over the area "against the grain". Hope that statement makes sense.
    Dr Bisanga is a Good Physician and does very good work. I'd be hard pressed to find a bad comment about him. Your in very safe hands. Could you direct me to a link or two of Dr Bisanga's scar grafting results where the client is wearing his hair below a 2 grade? I looked on his site and there only appears to be 1 strip scar case and that individual (might be ejj) has long hair. I'm already following his case on this site. For me, It's the shorter haircuts that really show the hair direction above and below the scar as well as the grafts themselves.
    The case you discribed is also after one session. Patients choice? To achieve a desired density into the scar, you are going to need 2 sessions. Dr Cole clearly states this. Will you see big improvements in terms of coverage after one? Yes. That may be why some stop there. But most of us are pretty neurotic about getting this thing looking perfect so we are planning on 2. Dense packing into a scar isn't a good idea.....Usually results in poor growth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RPO PRE.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	16299  

@Northeastguy, I completely agree with what you have said, I hope my scar is super flat so the hairs will grow the right way. One thing I questioned about Cole on the pic I posted was maybe he should have shaved a bit below and above to get full coverage (not pack densely). It just seemed that he missed a couple spots on the top of the scar that left tiny voids that made it stick out more (if that makes sense). Most likely that was the patients chose as isn't meant to be a stain on Cole but I will say I will definitley shave a bit above and below the scar and when I talked to Feriduni's staff they said they wont let me do it if I don't shave down. I know I am obsessing about this but I am looking to really fix it. This is what i meant by shaving below and above http://www.*************/hair-loss/li...casc-DESC.html. I wish there was a couple more cases of small scars like mine, but their are only a couple. That being said I think Cole's patient can walk around without a worry as it does not look like a scar anymore. I hear the dense packing thing, I also agree it will take two sessions. I have not seen Bisanga's results at a grade 1 but I have seen others like this guy http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...p?t=445&page=4 take it down to a one with the hairs going the right way as well as this one http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/v...m_id=26....But again I didn't mean to thrash Cole just thought I would point this out for guys that may be thinking of filling it in and thought I'd check myself with others if my logic was sound. Also you make a good point about Bisanga which is why I was considering Feriduni just because of the pic I just showed you. I know Bisanga is really probably legit and may even be better than Feriduni at scar grafting but it sucks when there is no pics at a grade 1, I agree. Then again if you look here the hair placement looks great http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/v...52&forum_id=17 as the hairs are going downward. Also it doen't quite seem that the hairs placed by Cole were all hairs from the strip but were actual hairs he grafted (I could be dead wrong). I wish the thin scar guy on Cole's website would have taken his hair a little lower as he had a thin scar and I think mine is similar in width now...too bad.

On another note how is your healing? Have hairs popped through? Have you read about my gains by the cortisone shots and Elocon 0.1% cream? I am sure Bisanga, Feriduni, and Cole are all good I with I could just see more pics to compare, but in my situation as my scar is small graft angulation and placement is key, but ya definitely two sittings for the best results...