+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

@ Sparky, what do you use that on? The recipiant area? I thought it was only used on the donar area?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    @ Sparky, what do you use that on? The recipiant area? I thought it was only used on the donor area?
    Stevie...... Both. It's great stuff and will also help with the redness.

I am just not sure I agree with you doing beard hair right out of the gate. You need such limited grafts to fix your scar. even if you did 2 passes at 50-75, 1 and 2 hair grafts with a small punch <.80mm the dotting if any will be irrelevant. You have fair skin which works to your advantage as well. Most people who use beard hair have too because of the limited supply or quality of their donor.... your not in this position. Also, there is no guarantee you won't get white dotting on your chin, neck or face... none. Ask yourself what is the first thing people look at when they are talking to you... what is the first thing you see when you look in the mirror. Your face! IF this does lead to some form of scarring ( and I'm not saying it will) do you want to be reminded of it every day of your life or have people staring down at your chin? For me, if I was going to scar I'd rather it be in the back of my head where I'm not reminded of it every day. In addition, if you do get some form of white dotting from your scalp, it won't be visible with a #1 guard. Remember, the average person is not as critical as we are about others heads and wouldn't not even know what's going on. Also, remember that no hair on your body is going to act like your scalp hair. Yes beard hair will blend but not as well as scalp.

...just something to think about, other than Spex and Jotronic

Well, I was posting on the Spex forum because I felt he was purposely misleading me and others by saying I may get only 10 percent growth in the scar, and he acted as if I was harassing him by just asking simple questions. Also, I have not seen any white dotting on any dudes with beard hair extractions and IWANTMYHEADSHAVEDBACK had a larger scar than me and I could not tell the difference in hairs as well as another guy I seen that had a fue grafting in India, also I have seen a couple guys who have had their scar filled with head hair and were good at a 0 grade but had to put beard hair into those dots because they could be seen much worse than the scar as it was nearly invisible, I can't remember this guys name but he was on the Hairloss Help forum and was the only one of two guys I have seen that had updated himself with multiple FUE into the scar sessions. Also what can 75 extractions really do to the chin? I have seen no evidence of this happening, only once when a guy saved directly after and did thousands of beard extractions and after time it even settled and looked more like acne at it's worse, also mine will be under the chin, can you show me a picture where a guy got scarred there, under the chin I mean? I understand what you are saying and that is why I am extremly cautious and have decided to send some fraxel clinics FUE scarring on the face and ask if they have fixed it. But, I would like to say that it seems when you have darker head airs like mine and pale skin the thick hairs work as an advantage as well a as the beard extractions and that at a zero I doubt you would tell the difference, especially in the spot where my scar is (kinda like a fat guy crease) and because it is such a small area, whereas if it was a larger scar I can see how that could pop out at the eye. Yet, I have seen every beard case I can that repaired a small scar and I challenge anyone to tell the difference, can you tell the difference in IWANTMYHEADSHAVEDBACK's scar? I appreciate the warnings and I have taken a back after some thought as it doesn't hurt to be a little more patient, but can you show me a case of scarring under the chin? Also, I don't think it will be noticeable under the chin if there was scarring, but I may not take that chance...IDK we will see. What do you think of a tattoo of a boat or an eagle or something to cover my scar after some FUE and fraxel if I can't get it down to a 0? I mean I am fine with rocking my hair at a 1 1/2 and 2 guards which I can now and this is more a psychological battle and since many have tattoos everywhere nowadays I can't really see the big deal as my scar ain't too wide and it would just be on my low back of the head...IDK what you think about all this? Anyone can chim in as well as opinions are always welcomed.

....Or has the scarring on the scalp from FUE gotten better from years back?....

Maybe 30 beard hair and 30 scalp hair would be better?....Or do you think the beards would stand out?

I'm interested to hear your opinion Northeastguy as you got me thinking....

Hi Stevie

I think you will be ok with the aloe vera 99% , i cant tell the difference between the beard hair i have had grafted , i think it is similar to my scalp hair . With a small procedure you will be able to assess , results , growth , calibre of grafts etc .
    I think if you consult with Drs re your scalp/beard hair and how they would approach grafting into your scar ,you will get a clearer picture of how to proceed
    Make sure you dont rush into anything

all the best
    ejj

@ejj, thanks again, I didn't see a difference in the your hair....I agree, I will take it slowly, kinda want to fix it but perhaps slowly is the best action. Thanks again ejj.

@Northeastguy, ??? I have not seen any pics of white dotting except from a guy who had a acne like complextion after shaving and doing near 1,000 grafts...but even he did not have any problem under the chin. Do you really think 7 grafts could be a problem? I mean I haven't seen any problems with it and I figured some one would come out ad say something....Also there are some other questions I asked you a little before, you can answer if you like...But thanks again for the advice man let us know how your head is doing some time, I'm excited to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    @ejj, thanks again, I didn't see a difference in the your hair....I agree, I will take it slowly, kinda want to fix it but perhaps slowly is the best action. Thanks again ejj.

@Northeastguy, ??? I have not seen any pics of white dotting except from a guy who had a acne like complextion after shaving and doing near 1,000 grafts...but even he did not have any problem under the chin. Do you really think 7 grafts could be a problem? I mean I haven't seen any problems with it and I figured some one would come out ad say something....Also there are some other questions I asked you a little before, you can answer if you like...But thanks again for the advice man let us know how your head is doing some time, I'm excited to see the results.
    Hi Stevie.... sorry for the delay. 7grafts? very safe. I just can't imagine what damage can be done with 7 grafts taken from one area. Came across this guys video and get a good look at 2:10 to about 2:30. It's a good look at his face after healing from a large session of Beard FUE. notice 2:22... there are very clear signs of white dotting. Not to mention much of his chin is looking a little like cottage cheese. Keep in mind he did have a couple thousand grafts from this area. I'm not even sure why this guy used beard hair because he has a great supply of donor hair on his head. I just don't want people to think there isn't a risk of scarring from beard extractions. There's always a risk in every aspect of this industry as we are wll aware.
    I do believe beard grafting has a place in all of this. In cases like ejj, he has limitations to use scalp hair and the benifits of using his beard hair far out weigh the risks. This is the case in most every repair case where the donor area has been devastated by previous procedures.
    I still think if you are only going to need a 100 grafts or so to fill in your scar, you should used scalp hair. That's just my opinion. However, if you really want to test using beard hair, maybe do 25 of each.....heal and evaluate which responded best. Then do the other 50 with the donor that healed to your liking.

Maybe those who have had procedures done with beard grafting can post some high quality before and after photos? Befores should be cleanly shaven as well as after photo's.

http://www.dermhairclinic.com/patien...00-fue-grafts/
    Last edited by northeastguy; 09-23-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: add link