+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Finasteride every 12 hrs ?

Guys,

I have been a user of finasteride ( 1mg) for over 10 years now and its been a life saver as without it i would have no doubt lost more hair. See pre Finasteride days and see my mid/crown now as a result of taking 1mg finasteride daily.

I have experienced NO side effects and possibly in the best shape of my life due to diet and training and feel finasteride has had no negative effects on me at all over the years. I fathered twins( boy /girl) whilst on the drug 4 years ago and have nothing but positives to report from taking it.

Im always hearing about different reg's people are trying or have attempted or have cut loose and a recent possible one which i have heard from a few people now with positive feedback which has really made me think of changing to and i wanted to share with the forum and also see if anyone has tried this , seen benefits, or considered taking finasteride 1mg at 12 hr intervals rather than 24hr intervals?

Reason being the half life of finasteride is 8-12hrs and the guys who i have recently spoken to, (which has given me reason to post is) they have seen quite substantial benefits from doing this 12hr interval rather than 24hr.

The only thing i can think straight off the bat is increased potential of sides ( this did not occur in the users i have mentioned) as twice as much finasteride in the system however personally after 10 years on the drug i doubt that would happen to me as would have thought my body after 10 years is used to it. Also still always the option to actually take 0.5mg at 12 hr intervals as this amount has proven to be as effective as 1mg...

There is the old saying if it's not broken, don't fix it however always looking to improve the defence against DHT and wanted to see what the general feedback would be.

Thoughts guys ? Anyone considered it, tried it, any feedback on it ?

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Women cannot take Finasteride, however the medication that women can take is typically twice a day, approximately every 12 hours... Something to think about.

This post is really interesting..

I for one have started to see the effectiveness of propecia decrease quiet drastically (5 yrs).

I tried to increase the dose to 1.5 mg's but this had no effect.

I thought my only option was going onto dust which im not too keen on, but now i think i'll give this a go..

Hopefully i've still got a bit of time left..

Thanx

I have seen a few women online saying they take finasteride!

Too many people do not talk to a doctor and just buy whatever through the internet grey market and take it with out appropriate monitoring and guidance. Self medicating is foolish and irresponsible. Finasteride has little to no effect on women and women should not take it anyway, especially if they are of child bearing age. This information is clearing written in the information that comes with the medication when the medication is obtained via proper chanels (through a doctor).

One more bit of information specifically for you. The “irreversible” side effects you say you have experienced from Finasteride might go away within five years of your cessation from Finasteride. Have you even talked to a real doctor about this in person?

Like you mentioned before, if it's not broken don't fix it. Your hair looks leaps and bounds better than it originally did. If it weren't for the increased susceptibility to sides and double the amount of money (would be $140 a month if I were to) then I'd hop all over it. I guess it really just comes down desperate you are to rebuild your hair and to what lengths you'll go to to achieve it in what could be a faster and more effective way.