Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I thank you for telling your story and I look forward to reading it. I can also see how your time is valuable and you need to space your posts out. However I also agree with some of the other posters. Why not at least post some pictures now and then continue on with your story at your convenience? Like others have said this story is really pointless without pictures. Post some pictures let us see what this doctor did to you and then finish telling your story. I haven’t been a posting member here for long but I've been reading this site for years, and I’ve seen you make hundreds of posts and heard you reference you story many times for the last couple years, but you have yet to post any evidence of what you say. I am by no means calling you a lair but come on post some pics or else your thread isn't worth anything.

It is possible to take the pics and cover your face and also possible to cover up your face on original pictures from the actual post-op period. Possibly he did not take any pics at that point in time.

What about current pics?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

up to this point there was nothing but negatives with Biltmore Hair Restoration

Alexander shows up late

paid for unshaved, Alexander shaved procedure

Alexander cut low into a unsafe zone and caused injury to my neck which Im still dealing with everyday. Pain and discomfort for over two years. A tremendous medical expense with over 7 doctor visits.

The only staff in the room was a girl named Sabrina, she was running around trying to find the back up sutures and assisting this doctor hacking my neck.

I have contacted many top HT staff members, many that are here on this board for advice. I have sent pictures to these doctors and even to some HT vets.

One staff member from Hasson and Wong look at my photos and was shocked at what happened to my neck. There is a huge depression in my neck. He asked me about the incision and he responded that neither Wong or Hasson would ever cut that low.

This is what he sent to me in an email after reviewing my pics:

I never expected to see what you sent to me. In other words, that depression in your neck is odd. I have never seen anything like that as a result of ht surgery. What I would have guessed, not knowing you had surgery, is that the muscle in this area is pulled and in a constant state of tension, kind of like a cramp. Make sense?

When you say he cut under "the base of your scalp", do you mean under the nuchial ridge? This is the boney protrusion that runs horizontal along the back of your skull. Below this boney ridge is the neck area and is why we never take from this zone. There is no galea, there is no skull, just skin and neck tissue. NO doctor should take a strip from this area. Ever.

It is exactly where he cut the strip.

During the graft punching it was pretty straight forward, I think Dr. ALexander was the only one in the room most of that time. I recall him punching and then stopping, writing in a book for his counting system I guess. I was trying to look at what he was doing, so out of the corner of my eye I could see him walk to the corner of the room to write in this notebook.

His graft counting method was basically what ever he wanted to make up. I spoke with other patients that felt his graft count was already predetermined. What does that mean. He knows how much money he wants to make on you, and then backs into the numbers. One guy wrote to me and said that his graft count was counted to the penny of what he was quoted for the procedure. There was even a mix up with travel kick backs and it still worked out perfect for his cost. I felt the same way about his approach.

I used a ton of shots for numbing which would continue for hours. There is no way using that much local for that long is a good thing. This is the only thing that went according to plan up to this point.

After this was over, which took a while, I was given a lunch and bathroom break.

in the end I will include some recorded phone conversations I had with the Biltmore Hair Restoration staff and Dr. Alexander so readers will get a sense of the horrible customer service and care for their patients.

I think this is very important when choosing a doctor and this place was pathetic.

There were a few calls that I felt were handled in a professional manner but those were when Alexander wasn't available.

He wasn't available almost every single time I called.

All crooks should be exposed. If the government isn't willing to do anything about them we should do something ourselves. I can't believe this is happening in a so-called country of laws. What a ****ed up world we live in !

Amen to that! The government will be up the ass of any new treatment that is attempting to be brought to the market (ex. Latisse for hair loss) yet they won't do anything to police (or better yet throw in jail) the obvious butchers of the HT industry, places like Bosley or NuHair. Inexcusable, especially since the aforementioned companies are so damn visible and the public eye with their dumb-ass commercials and the many hackjobs that they performed on patients who are now scarred for life. Gotta love it!! (sarcastic)

Pictures???!!!!???

And to address the accountability issue, if any doctor did to me what you claim he did to you, he would not be able to write his name or eat solid foods again let alone perform surgery. p.s. I live in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Amen to that! The government will be up the ass of any new treatment that is attempting to be brought to the market (ex. Latisse for hair loss) yet they won't do anything to police (or better yet throw in jail) the obvious butchers of the HT industry, places like Bosley or NuHair. Inexcusable, especially since the aforementioned companies are so damn visible and the public eye with their dumb-ass commercials and the many hackjobs that they performed on patients who are now scarred for life. Gotta love it!! (sarcastic)
    Yup. Isn't that one big load of bull shit ? You can't make a hair loss treatment available on the market without jumping through hoops yet a so-called doctor is free to butcher people and disfigure them for a living and still make loads of money from it without having to worry about the FDA or the government. This goes for other cosmetic doctors not just HT doctors. Many unlicensed cosmetic doctors practice under the government's nose without having much to worry about. Too much BS in our world.

Thanks for taking the time to post your story.

MR4000 I always tell prospective patients that are researching that the most valuable tool of the forums is the search button. Most I'm sure do not use it as it is easier just to read what is currently posted. But unless you have been around the forums for at least 10 years one would be clueless to the history. What you are doing serves a very valuable purpose so do not be dissuaded. Here is an example of a post from 2002 as just one example from another poster.

There was a poster less than two weeks ago who was considering Brandy. Below is a partial repost of my response (12/19/02) for those even remotely considering him:

"Dr. Brandy has an absolutely awful reputation. *That is putting it mildly.* It is damn near impossible for a patient to win a lawsuit against a hair transplant surgeon, but there was a $400,000 malpractice award rendered by a court against Brandy for work so horribly botched that the patient attempted suicide. That should hopefully provide some perspective on Dr. Brandy for you."

Brandy was recommended on Pat Hennessey's website for a long time. He was removed earlier this year. Why? Because Pat realized the harm he was doing in recommending Brandy (one of only two doctors at the time on his site from the largest metropolitan area in the United States)? No. Because of protest about Brandy's work from other doctors on that site at the time? I never saw a word from any of them. Brandy was removed immediately after a new wave of pressure and criticism from POSTERS.

Sorry, but it's very hard not to feel and sound angry about that. Last post for a while.