+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Ovation Cell Therapy - New Scam?!

Hey everyone,

Here in the Los Angeles area, I've heard a new hair loss treatment product heavily advertised on the radio over the past 2 days (today is 2/18/09). It's called "Ovation Cell Therapy". They use all of the clever phrases in their advertising, in hopes that hair loss sufferers interpret their intentionally misleading phrases to believe that their product will stop hair loss and regrow hair.

Here are some of the phrases they use:

"Maximizes and accelerates hair growth"
    "Creates visibly thicker, longer, stronger hair"
    "Acceleratte, rejuvenate, strengthen"
    "Our formula dramatically accelerates hair growth, reduces breakage, and hair loss"
    "Nourishes your hair and scalp with essential amino acids"

And a bunch of other nonsense. Interestingly that not one of their statements specifically says "stops hair loss" or "regrows hair".

They also heavily discourage FDA approved products on their website (www.ovationhair.com), specifically Rogaine and Propecia, stating that these FDA approved products cause side effects, like chest pain, dizziness, swelling, skin irritations, and birth defects. BUNCH OF NONSENSE!

And in my opinion, here's the all-time low. Their radio ads state that their products have helped cancer patients that have lost hair due to chemotherapy. Now, I have no idea to what extent that is true. BUT, if it is true, that's an all-time low.

Anyone else hear of this Ovation Cell Therapy nonsense? Am I beating it up too badly?

TeeJay

These Ovation Cell Therapy guys advertised heavily on LA radio last week. Sometimes I wonder if these shampoos and potions just rename themselves every once in a while, and then go-to-market under a new name. Then, the hair loss sufferer thinks: "Oh, here's a new one, maybe it works", when in fact it's the same junk. Then WOOSH, money flies out of the hair loss sufferer's pocket. Dude, it feels so damn good to be alert and educated on this stuff.

Something else I was thinking of. The marketing phraseology that these products use is actually very clever. They never actually specifically say that they stop hair loss, slow down hair loss, reverse hair loss, regrow lost hair, or anything of this nature that is specific and that the FDA approved medications can claim. Instead they say stuff like I posted above ("maximizes and accelerates hair growth", blah, blah). They walk a very clever but ambiguous line with their marketing phraseology. And they couple this on their website with (1) pictures of guys looking in the mirror at eroded hairlines (2) testimonials, probably from paid actors and (3) slamming the FDA approved medications with claims of "dangerous" side affects.

So, as hair loss sufferers that are desperate for a solution, we listen to their ambiguous marketing, and our subconscious (guided by the imagery, testimonials, and other marketing BS that these products mislead us with), fills in the blanks inbetween the ambiguity. Our subconscious fills it in with exactly we want to believe --- "we're gonna get our hair back!". When in truth, these products never ever specifically make that exact claim. And once our subconscious fills in the blanks with such statements, we are sold, and that's exactly what these bogus products want.

UGH!!

TeeJay

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Here in the Los Angeles area, I've heard a new hair loss treatment product heavily advertised on the radio over the past 2 days (today is 2/18/09). It's called "Ovation Cell Therapy". They use all of the clever phrases in their advertising, in hopes that hair loss sufferers interpret their intentionally misleading phrases to believe that their product will stop hair loss and regrow hair.

Here are some of the phrases they use:

"Maximizes and accelerates hair growth"
    "Creates visibly thicker, longer, stronger hair"
    "Acceleratte, rejuvenate, strengthen"
    "Our formula dramatically accelerates hair growth, reduces breakage, and hair loss"
    "Nourishes your hair and scalp with essential amino acids"

And a bunch of other nonsense. Interestingly that not one of their statements specifically says "stops hair loss" or "regrows hair".

They also heavily discourage FDA approved products on their website (www.ovationhair.com), specifically Rogaine and Propecia, stating that these FDA approved products cause side effects, like chest pain, dizziness, swelling, skin irritations, and birth defects. BUNCH OF NONSENSE!

And in my opinion, here's the all-time low. Their radio ads state that their products have helped cancer patients that have lost hair due to chemotherapy. Now, I have no idea to what extent that is true. BUT, if it is true, that's an all-time low.

Anyone else hear of this Ovation Cell Therapy nonsense? Am I beating it up too badly?

TeeJay
    hi t just to note that ovation is the company that also make mega-tek shampoos and hair conditioner, which was really for horses skin conditions,and there are people that have been using a long time,i have used it and it is good for the scalp, i am not sure if it regrows hair but it would be helpful to use with minoxidil,smells nice too.

Default Ovation Hair Therapy

When my hair started to thin about 2 years ago I started using another "Hair Growth" product and was not 100% satisified with my results. I was not losing any hair but I wasn't growing any new hair. Then I heard the Radio and Newspaper advertisements for this new Hair Growth product called Ovation Hair Therapy. So I decided to switch to Ovation. I have been using Ovation Hair/Cell Therapy for approximately 4 months now. Instead of growing hair or at the very least status quo I am seeing a rapid hair loss.

Has anyone experience these same results as I? As of today, I have stopped using the Ovation products. I am going out tonight and going back to my old products. I will post in about a month and let all know if Ovation was the problem or whether it is just Mother Nature.

What was your old regimen?

Seriously though. If something is not endorsed by the AHLA it isn't worth your time.

This is a definite scam. My mate thought otherwise, my mate has since lost more hair as a result. Maybe not directly from the product, but definitely from pulling out his own hair for buying into more nonsense.

I'm thinking a HT is the definite way to go but i'm still hopeful about new products that are about to hit the market.

Default Works for my son

Regardless of all the hype the proof lies in whether the product delivers what it promises. My 26 year old son has been balding since he was 17. He's had a receeding hairline and as of the last 5 years you could see very little hair left on the entire crown of his head. He decided to just buzz his whole head so he wou'dnt have to see his hair disappearing daily. For Christmas(2009) his girlfriend gave him Ovation Cell Therapy shampoo and conditioner (I did not know this). They came over this past Sunday and I was very suprised to see that he'd grown his hair out about 1/2 inch and I would estimate him to have about half the amount of hair growth he had as a child. He is very pleased with the results he's experienced with Ovation.

Suuuure it does. A 26 year old man grows his hair back and his mother decides to check out a hair loss forum to make a single post about his success. This makes perfect sense.

Default You sound bitter-so sorry

I came across this website as I Googled Ovation. There is nothing wrong with responding to mostly negative comments about a product that soemone in my family found positive. You sound bitter-so sorry. Maybe you should try Ovation.

Exclamation Ovation plant

Quote Originally Posted by pamelajk View Post
    I came across this website as I Googled Ovation. There is nothing wrong with responding to mostly negative comments about a product that soemone in my family found positive. You sound bitter-so sorry. Maybe you should try Ovation.
    Hey Pammy, oops I mean Ovation plant, Maybe you should also have your son try Extendz or Zenerx too. Oh, "soemone" is spelled, someone.

Hey everyone, you KNOW Ovation is a scam if that radio-bitch Dr. (she's a Gym teacher) Laura (posed for nudie pics for Art Bell) Schlessinger endorses it!