+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FUE for someone who is not balding

Hi all,
    I am not actually receding but I have had a fairly far back hairline at the temples since I can remember (i am now 25)
    I'm interested in FUE to try and improve the hairline and am just wondering what people's opinions were on FUE for someone who is not actually balding, and in general what they think of the technique. I am not willing to get a strip.
    I have gleaned that uk FUE is considered fairly poor and I am willing to travel to belgium if this is best (but can't quite stretch the USA)
    However I have heard good things about farjo so am contemplating a consultation with him
    cheers for any advice guys
    here is a pic

You shouldn't worry yourself over stuff like this if you're not balding. Besides, if its a protection surgeon he will turn you down.

thanks for the reply, what's a protection surgeon?
    I know it's not a bad case but i am really interested in this surgery, I have the money and i've thought about for a long time

A patient who just wishes to refine or re-design a hairline that is otherwise unaffected by MPB can be a good candidate, as the main risk factor - further loss and how that might play with regard to donor availability and the need for further procedures - isn't there. However, you are only 25 and it's possible that you will begin losing hair in the future.

I would definitely choose only FUE in your case. Is it just the temples or are you looking to lower the hairline all the way across the front? It appears to me that the centre portion of your hairline is already in a good position and you'd only require a very small procedure to fill the temples.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for the reply, I feel I would be a good candidate also because there is no history of hairloss in my family and my dad and grandad on both sides have full heads of hair. I just have a far back line at the temples for some reason and its always bothered me so why not get the surgery? I've read it is not invavise or particularly risky, is this true? Even if I did start to lose a little when I'm older I could just have a small revision right? Do you think it would be obvious that I have had it done?
    Yes I would just like the temples done because like you say the front is not too bad
    Thanks in advance

You really should look around and the reports FUE patients have written about their experiences and take a look at the photos taken after surgery to familiarise yourself with what you'd be undertaking. That's an essential part of research and planning.

I've never been someone who pushes people into getting surgery, but IMO the type of small refinement you're looking for would be of minimum risk as it would only deplete a very small amount of your donor hair reserves. You'd have plenty remaining for further work if or when you need it.

I've read that Minoxidil is required after an fue procedure, is this only for people who are experiencing hairloss or would it needed to be taken to stop the newly implanted hairs from falling out even if i am not experiencing any hair loss? i dont like the idea of having to take Minoxidil for the rest of my life!

Also I've been looking at Dr. Jean Devroye and he seems pretty good to me, does anyone have any views on him for fue?
    thanks for any replies

Minoxidil is used to stimulate the growth of the grafts. It isn't absolutely necessary and you certainly don't risk losing the grafts if you don't use it. You could choose to use it only as the grafts are growing and then stop.

I got an email back from Dr Devroye's surgery and they recommended i get FUT? are they joking??

I'm sure they aren't joking. Was there an explanation?