+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

One of my friends told we have some stem cells inside our wisdom teeth and that it is wise to keep our wisdom teeth if possible. Now I took that with grain of salt however does someone know if its true?

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I also saw a statistic saying that only 7 percent of men actually pay to improve their hair regrowth, since the options for treatment are very limited. So imagine if there was a totally effective hair regrowth cure out there. That 6 billion dollars number would rise literally exponentially.
    Talking of exponents - the leaps made in biotech from the 80's to today were entirely unexpected, today more people worldwide are conducting research in labs than ever before - by 2020 we will see some dramatic shifts in biotech and technology in general - I am a firm believer in the biotech revolution.

But I guarantee you... even if we reach levels of progression alien to the capacity of comprehension of the human brain... a hair loss cure will still be.... 5 ****ing years away

The problem with a lot of these biotechs is that all they do is conduct "research" which results in them gaining "insight", "clues", and "alternate interpretations" into the hair loss process. I can name you so many researchers who make a living selling their articles to magazines. And of course these articles are always about experiments on mice that "may", "could", or "might" lead to hair regrowth in humans at some point in the future. And of course, they never test their findings on humans. It just frustrates me so much that there are all these hair loss "discoveries", yet all we have for treatment are utter shit like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Talking of exponents - the leaps made in biotech from the 80's to today were entirely unexpected, today more people worldwide are conducting research in labs than ever before - by 2020 we will see some dramatic shifts in biotech and technology in general - I am a firm believer in the biotech revolution.

But I guarantee you... even if we reach levels of progression alien to the capacity of comprehension of the human brain... a hair loss cure will still be.... 5 ****ing years away
    Hahaha No shit huh! We are going to be flying to ****ing planets, bald as **** like that dude from Star Trek haha. But still 5 yrs away ha. I have a feeling that the cure is not close at all since we are just now doing real studies on HL. It will take time. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Will some doctors start using to stem cells from bone marrow to start regrowing hair already! The science behind it is solid and I'm sick and tired of hearing about shit like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants!

We're all sick of popping small pills every day and putting liquid/foam shit on our heads.

But the majority of people have that attitude like "hair loss isn't killing any one so who cares!".

Well we care, but no one cares that we care. Just a couple of companies care, and all they talk about is how to enhance hair transplants or get "unlimited supply" of donor hair or whatever, everything is surgical of course because hair transplant=more money for them. I don't want no damn HT. I like the sound of injection treatments better. Forget transplants, too expensive and too risky.

Well transplants would make sense if we know for sure that there would be more effective ways of managing hair loss. Stem Cells, Histogen, CB-03-01 etc, that are all supposedly 5 more years away. It sucks that all these promising treatments have been in limbo since almost 2006-2007. I suppose we are somewhat lucky that we can pop a pill, whereas guys in the 70s, 80s could pretty much do nothing about hair loss.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome of all these clinical trials will be in the next two years. Here's to hoping I can hold onto hair until these treatments become available. Hopefully propecia will do what it is suppose to do.

PatientlyWaiting, I'm in total agreement with you. People tell me that scientists and doctors are really working hard to create a cure for hair loss. But it's all bullshit. If this was true, then how come so very few people/companies are even making attempts to treat hair loss? I think that because there is so much money in hair transplants, that a lot of these doctors would much rather keep performing them and raking in the money rather than trying something new and more effective. I don't want some damn hair transplant either since I've heard so many horror stories about hair transplants causing permanent scars, pockmarks, and disfigurations. I really wish that more people would focus on other types of 'cures' that involve things like cellular regeneration and stop focusing on these ****in transplants already.

And I wouldn't mind popping Propecia pills and smearing Rogaine over my head if they actually worked, but both both of these so-called remedies don't do much of anything at all. They're like putting a band-aid over cancer.

Dr. Anthony Atala would get it done in 3 years if that was his field of research. We're stuck with a shower of jokers.