+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 210 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by southasian View Post
    My point is not that big pharma is in a conspiracy to quell any new solutions, but more that they don't have much incentive as once they release a 'cure', there will not be any repeat customers i.e. propecia users. Also i really think these idiots just don't have the R&D know-how to come out with a solution. Why then does Aderans keep delaying Phase II? it was supposed to have completed last year, as in 2011 - its 2012 right now! Don't worry fellow hair loss sufferers (myself included), we all will be praying for a solution coming out in another 'mere' 5 years once we hit 2017. Dr. Rassman was right all along, minimum 10, most likely 20 years with these morons (big pharma) running the show.
    I might be reaching here a little with this analogy but by that logic we wouldn't have LASIK and people would be forever using contacts and glasses. People with MPB in their genetics are born everyday so there will always be a steady stream of people needing the treatment. It won't be super cheap either and we don't know if the effects will be permanent or transient so people may well need a periodic top up of these cells. I really believe it's in everyone's best interest that cell based therapies succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I really believe it's in everyone's best interest that cell based therapies succeed.
    This is what I believe as well. Women's hair loss is a largely untapped market - and it is a more significant market than folks may realize.

I really start to do not believe that something will come out for 5 even 10 years...
    I really feel sick about reading "5\10 years from now"... it is bullshit.

My point is not that big pharma is in a conspiracy to quell any new solutions, but more that they don't have much incentive as once they release a 'cure', there will not be any repeat customers i.e. propecia users.
    Incorrect,money is the incentive.

(The Term "Big Pharma" is misleading in the context your using it, you may as well combine Microsoft and Apple and call them “Big Softwa”)

Look at it objectively, Johnson and Johnson are one big pharmaceutical company, they turn over 24 billion a year or there about right?

But what do they make from the average Rogain user $240 per year, let’s assume the average user uses the product for 20 years that’s $4,800.00.

Currently only 10 percent of balding men seek treatment.

Let's assume you’re the CEO of Johnson and Johnson, I come to you with a product and say, how about instead of $4,800.00 over 20 years for your existing clients, I give you $10,000 for each of them today, and not only that, I will expand your client base by 300 percent.

Also i really think these idiots just don't have the R&D know-how to come out with a solution. Why then does Aderans keep delaying Phase II? it was supposed to have completed last year, as in 2011 - its 2012 right now! Don't worry fellow hair loss sufferers (myself included), we all will be praying for a solution coming out in another 'mere' 5 years once we hit 2017. Dr. Rassman was right all along, minimum 10, most likely 20 years with these morons (big pharma) running the show.
    Um... because of fierce competition, Histogen is currently leading the field in terms of efficiency with an outstanding result of 86% of patients with an increase of 25 or more new hairs per cm2, with one injection of 1/10 of a ml.
    And continued hair growth at the 2 year mark, with no down time
    with regards to manufacturing their product.
    They are currently in dosing trials where they are injecting patients with 8 injections 3mm apart and then repeating the dose at the 6 week mark...

If Histogen can prove that their product is compoundable, its game over. And the results will be released in June/July 2012.

So why would Aderans prolong Phase 2 trials after investing 150 million dollars? Cost vs benefit... they need to have outstanding results, because their treatment will most likely cost more than Histogen.

As for Dr Rassman here is a quote from his site.
    He freely admits to not really knowing shit about hair cloning, he is the moron.I would take any time predictions from him with a grain of salt

http://www.baldingblog.com/2010/09/0...e-decades-ago/

“I do thank you for the input, but I am not a cloning expert nor a historian on cloning of hair. I could spend weeks or more researching the paths taken in hair loss cures over the past 50 years, and while it would likely make for interesting reading, it is beyond my scope at this time.”

Ha do you really think I don't want a solution to come out? I'm going into a NW level 4 and the only real solution i see in the immediate future is just to shave my head. I would LOVE if one of these companies comes out successful but it looks more and more like it's not gonna happen for another 7 years minimum. Always delays and delays with some excuse and no strong "Yes, we plan on releasing our drug in 2015!" Instead, we hear things like we're pushing Phase II to the year 2013 (Aderans), we have no plan B just hoping for something in 2015 (Replicel) and so on and so forth. No hope!

Anyone care to pontificate on the feasible side effects of these treatments, or is that a complete mystery to all of us until later on in the trial stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Anyone care to pontificate on the feasible side effects of these treatments, or is that a complete mystery to all of us until later on in the trial stage?
    Regarding safety so far, there have been no adverse side effects in trial participants.

What would be really cool would be if Histogen allowed HSC Complex to be available in certain Far Eastern countries after its combined Phase I/II is completed. This could happen and I would literally jump at this chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    What would be really cool would be if Histogen allowed HSC Complex to be available in certain Far Eastern countries after its combined Phase I/II is completed. This could happen and I would literally jump at this chance.
    Open invitation for anyone to sabotage the entire research effort.

How would this be an "open invitation to sabotage the research effort"?