+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 210 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

The reason the plummet in the stock price (from 2.4 to 1.87) looks like bad news for this company, in my opinion, is that it occurred in two days and was accompanied by a previously unseen increase in the volume of trading; the reduction to the low point of 1.90 has lasted almost three weeks now; and it is against the trend of the market.

If you look at the history of the stock, the movements in the price have all tracked the trends of the market. Whereas this plummet has moved in contradiction to the market. There has to be some internal reason behind it.

Here it is (blue line) compared to the market indices.

Serious question: was Replicel actually able to grow hair?

Since I joined this forum there was a lot of hype around Replicel, while on contrary to Histogen (as far as I know), they have never released any pictures or facts that showed any hair-growth.

I listenend to the interview on this site with the CEO of Replicel and every factual question about actual hair-growth Kobren asked was dodged.
    When he asked about the results so far the CEO answered he "didn't know about the progress since it was a very closed research" and when Kobren asked about the hoped result for Phase 2, he replied "Phase 2 will be a failure if we won't manage to grow hair".

So a serious question: Have they been able to grow any hair - no matter how small - on an actual human head, or is the only thing we know that it passed health phase 1 and it's sure not to give us cancer or turn us into some freak-like mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    So a serious question: Have they been able to grow any hair - no matter how small - on an actual human head, or is the only thing we know that it passed health phase 1 and it's sure not to give us cancer or turn us into some freak-like mutant?
    It's all answered here:
    http://www.replicel.com/equities-int...rolf-hoffmann/

I am a little disappointed to know their definition of "very good" is just more than 10% ~ 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by S.W View Post
    I am a little disappointed to know their definition of "very good" is just more than 10% ~ 15%.
    That's because there's a lot you don't know about clinical phases, their treatment etc.. We talked this through already...

The stock movements are something to keep an eye on but mean very little currently. A few thoughts:

1. As PinotQ said the volume is insignificant. 9000 shares a day on average for a roughly $2 stock price is less than $20k turnover which is negligible.

2. The stock is tightly held and trades with very low volumes. With stocks like that, even a small increase in volume can have a big effect because the buy and sell depths aren't very full. If someone holds a decent parcel of shares and wants to dump for whatever reason, they don't have enough buyers to get a good price for their shares. So the price can drop a lot.

3. High-risk stocks waiting on confidential information are also at risk of rumour and speculation. Someone might dump their shares for one reason, other investors think "this guy must know something!" and follow suit.

So taking those three things together we can't draw any conclusions about this.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W View Post
    I used to think like you too...now I realize that any increase % is good with replicel. After long and careful research in these type of treatments, I realize that it doesn't matter since you can reapply the injection. So, any increase is good but of course the higher the better which would mean less injections less research to improve efficiency = less time.

Imo, it's just a matter of time till replicel cures baldness maybe 2 years or 10 years assuming no side effects.

If on march we see a little increase in hair count, then we know for sure baldness will be wiped out off the face of the earth within our lifetimes.

If we see crazy growth on March/april, then we will all have a full head of hair flowing through the wind by 2015 outside of US, assuming you have the money of course.

i don't think 15% can cure baldness but it's good news if it works for everybody.

Sweet I'd love a 15% thick head of hair, a bit of dermatch and I'd be sorted.