+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 210 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

In projecting the potential stock price of Replicel by calculating how much revenue they will produce, the full NBT report referred to last week says that:

"Revenue is generated in two streams:
    1. Assumed annual license fee of $20,000 to each RepliCel licensed clinician performing the procedure.
    2. Per-patient fee of $15,000 for the replication of each patient’s cells."

This doesn't take into account that the doctor performing the procedure would also charge a fee. It's worth noting that the report also says that:

"It is estimated that the number of licensed practitioners performing the procedure will double each year beginning with six in the first year. By the year 2018, it is estimated that there will be 48 practitioners performing the procedure equating to over $580 million in patient fees alone and approximately $1 million per year in licensing fees."

If they license practitioners at this pace, there could be quite a waiting line.
    Last edited by PinotQ; 01-20-2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Format error

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You're basically going to read about 4000 posts from pessimistic people saying it wont work, and another 4000 from optimistic people who say it's the cure.
    That's it exactly, the truth is in the middle between absolute cynicism (or despair) and completely blind faith.

Fact is, some of these treatments won't enter the market. Some will, but may be prohibitively expensive in the short term. These are treatments rather than outright cures (at this stage). But... Some at least will emerge and it'll be only a matter of time before most of us can afford to shell out for them. Besides, any treatments we eventually get on the market that are more effective than fin, min and keto should be considered a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    In projecting the potential stock price of Replicel by calculating how much revenue they will produce, the full NBT report referred to last week says that:

1. Assumed annual license fee of $20,000 to each RepliCel licensed clinician performing the procedure.

This doesn't take into account that the doctor performing the procedure would also charge a fee. It's worth noting that the report also says that:

"It is estimated that the number of licensed practitioners performing the procedure will double each year beginning with six in the first year. By the year 2018, it is estimated that there will be 48 practitioners performing the procedure equating to over $580 million in patient fees alone and approximately $1 million per year in licensing fees."

If they license practitioners at this pace, there could be quite a waiting line.
    Pretty much sounds like the IAHRS will be getting it first if it works. At least that's who I'd like to see using it.

No-one can say it is the cure, there is no solid proof that this works, they are still trialling it.

We can only hope its the cure but I personally don't want to get my hopes up to end up very disappointed.

Its hard when ideally there are those of us who need a cure Now as time isn't on our sides.

There will always be some amazing cure being created for as long as one finally does come about. So all us baldies are constantly living on hope of some cure eventually working, then 2 years passes and nothing, and the next generation of youngsters come through and the same thing happens to them.

Ah, depressing indeed, sausage. Maybe this time we'll all get lucky, must remain optimistic. Hope drives the soul.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post

Aside from there being quite a potential waiting line, there is also the fact that most of us younger members don't necessarily have $15,000 lying around.

I have a question to those waiting in anticipation for a Replicel cure...

Is there a reason you are more interested in Replicel than Hair Transplantation?

Hair Transplants may be a different hair loss treatment to what Replicel could potentially do but what are the reasons you have chosen to ignore getting a Hair Transplant and instead look to the future with Replicel?

Are Hair Transplants too expensive for you and your hoping that Replicel will be a cheaper 'cure' ?

Do you not like the idea of having a hair transplant because of pain or scaring?

Do you feel Hair Transplants are not a good enough 'treatment' ?

Do you strongly believe that Replicel will be a lot more effective than Hair Transplants?

Or are you interested in Hair Transplantation but are happy to wait 2+ years for other alternatives like Replicel?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Aside from there being quite a potential waiting line, there is also the fact that most of us younger members don't necessarily have $15,000 lying around.
    I know the feeling.

On the other hand... I know that I for one would feel a heck of a lot better if there was something out there that could treat me far better than existing meds or procedures, even if I couldn't afford it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Or are you interested in Hair Transplantation but are happy to wait 2+ years for other alternatives like Replicel?
    Speaking only personally, I'm open to the idea of getting a HT in the future, but if I was to have one, it'd be at least 18 months to two years away anyway. If by then Repicel and/or one of the other upcoming treatments looked promising, I'd change my plans, even if I had to keep waiting.

Remember though, Replicel is not the only possible future treatment. This is like entering several raffles at once, rather than putting all your chips on one spin of the roulette wheel.

Hair transplants require continued use of finasteride in order to ensure hair loss won't continue to progress, jeopardizing those hair follicles which were not transplanted (non DHT-reistant), but still subject to fall out.