+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 210 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    If we're able to start growing organs etc. from scratch, I'm sure hair follicles can't be all that more complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqxbwbjw00
    Lung^
    Well, the hair follicle is an organ and there were enough interviews were scientists that said cloning a follicle would be almost as complex as cloning a kidney. Only because it's small it doesn't mean it's easy to understand. Unless you're a biological/medical scientist, trust me, you could kind of say it's beyond our understanding.

...Damn it!

Positivity didn't last long eh ...they're back!!

Once the threads get bumped, the 'know-it-alls' (minus the lab coats i notice??!) come crawling over for a sniff around.

This is a Replicel thread, Rep-li-cel.

Now go and fill in some wikipedia pages yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by 67mph View Post
    ...Damn it!

Positivity didn't last long eh ...they're back!!

Once the threads get bumped, the 'know-it-alls' (minus the lab coats i notice??!) come crawling over for a sniff around.

This is a Replicel thread, Rep-li-cel.

Now go and fill in some wikipedia pages yeah.
    I don't understand this mentality on here. Why does everyone have to be "positive" about Replicel? Is this a cult where everybody has to think the same and blindly believe, with little evidence, that every one of these treatments in development will work?

We all want to see Replicel succeed and baldness to be cured. But we also have to be objective. Setting unrealistic goals and getting your hopes up only to be disappointed in the end isn't the best thing to do either.

Replicel didn't exactly behave in the most responsible manner with the paid advertisements themselves. What matters most in the end though is what Replicel does, not what posters on here say.

I know baldness is difficult to deal with but some of you should show a little more emotional maturity. If you strongly believe in Replicel then you shouldn't be bothered if some people show skepticism, which is a normal reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    What's a realistic release date for Aderans?
    If it's anything like other trials I'm thinking 2017. 5 years off.

Sure that's just speculating. I don't know how long it will take Aderans to get the infrastructure in place and how long a phase 3 trial they intend to run. It's complete guess work at this point but 2017 seems reasonable if they really are to wrap up phase 2 towards the end of this year or early next.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    What's a realistic release date for Aderans?
    id probably say 6780.

I'm a glass half full type a fella as much as possible, where possible.

I just don't like to drink with the half empty type'a guys that's all.

Default Stock crash

Has anyone seen how low the Replicel stock has fallen. It closed today at $1.21 If it keeps dropping like this not sure where the funding will be to forge ahead.
    How disconcerting...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Has anyone seen how low the Replicel stock has fallen. It closed today at $1.21 If it keeps dropping like this not sure where the funding will be to forge ahead.
    How disconcerting...
    If my understanding is accurate, that is not where their funding comes from. They sell stocks initially (and take private funding) to gain capital. Past that, the changes in stock prices only really affects individuals who hold stock. To be fair, that is probably in good part some of the higher ups at Replicel, but the company itself is not funded based around rising and falling stock prices.

Again, if my understanding is accurate, they have at least enough funding to finish their Phase II already lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    If my understanding is accurate, that is not where their funding comes from. They sell stocks initially (and take private funding) to gain capital. Past that, the changes in stock prices only really affects individuals who hold stock. To be fair, that is probably in good part some of the higher ups at Replicel, but the company itself is not funded based around rising and falling stock prices.

Again, if my understanding is accurate, they have at least enough funding to finish their Phase II already lined up.
    Thanks for the clarification. In the end I've lost my hair my money and all hope of escaping this NW7 prison.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    I know I'm a woman and this is mostly a male oriented forum, but I wanna give my 2 cents.

I think that this announcement was made in order to make people realize that the previous results released were not all that bad. Of course some people will still think these are bad news, and I get it, 'cause we're all desperate for a cure (I should know, I'm a 23 year old woman with thinning hair, it's devastating)... but I still have faith in Replicel... I think they're on the right track and as has been noted before, these things take A LOT of time. These are new treatments, there's no background to compare them to, so results will vay a lot from time to time. I think that even if Replicel can't grow a lot of hair, if they can somehow make existing follicles immune to hair loss, that would be awesome! Sadly with science and new treatments it's all about trial and error and that takes time... I always remember that famous quote by Edison:

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work".

And that's the way it is... but in any case I'm grateful thatt there are people working on this, and I think at least one out of the four main companies working on this will succeed. Maybe next year, maybe 5 years from now, maybe in 10 years... but some day, someone will make it. I know we all want a cure NOW - when I look in the mirror sometimes I feel very angry that there's still no way to fix such a fundamental part of my image... but I'm sure there will be a cure.

You know what would have been bad results, anyway? If this had somehow encouraged hair loss. Maybe I'm too optimistic or naive, but I'm one of the people who think that 6 months is still to early to judge Replicel's efficacy.
    Welcome to the forum mimosa .
    I feel the same way as you do. Hey if in 1 year post op they get 20-30% regrowth or increase in total hair than they mightbe on something.

But the guys at REplicel themselves have stated thay would deem their treatment successful if they get more than 15% regrowth...
    We'll wait and see I guess...
    Its frustrating but who knows...