+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Well first up, the trial took place in Georgia, in the former USSR. Most of the participants probably don't even speak English. They certainly don't hang around hair loss forums. Or catch up with Tobin in a bar for a beer and a chat.

Second, they only had single injections. Any hair growth would only have been in a radius of a couple of millimetres. Unless they were injected on slick bald scalp these guys probably wouldn't even know themselves if they've grown any hair. It would take a microscope analysis.

Third, there's the fact they would have signed confidentiality agreements under threat of legal action. That's not just for results but everything about the procedure.

Fourth, there's the fact none of the other trial results have leaked. One guy turned up on another forum claiming to have been in an Aderans trial, and posted pics of hair growth, but there was no leak of results ("25% increase in hair count" or whatever). And that's it - from 300 trial participants! From Histogen participants we have heard absolutely squat.

Fifth, as uninformed said, there's just as much chance of a leak if it's bad news as if it's good.

So I don't really see that the fact there hasn't been a leak can be interpreted as good OR bad. We will see in a few days anyway.
    ^ this.

Everyone needs to stop speculating... especially on the basis legal disclaimers, share prices or more strangely the lack of "leaks"....

Default results are out

replicel has released details........it works

I dropped off for a second, sorry, WHAT??

Check out their website. The results look okay. I guess they were just checking the safety of the treatment as their primary objective. Nothing spectacular but it beats what options we have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/replic...123000737.html

I don't get it. Does it work or not?
    Base on the phase I and phase I alone, it works but won't give you full head of hair.

That's not saying subtle manipulations of dosage and/or repeated injections won't improve results

It worries me that 37% of the placebo group showed an increase in hair density. That shows me that those who were measuring the results wanted to see an increase. Even in a double blind situation they wanted positive results.
    If someone understands this differently from me I'd be keen to hear your interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by NZGuy View Post
    It worries me that 37% of the placebo group showed an increase in hair density. That shows me that those who were measuring the results wanted to see an increase. Even in a double blind situation they wanted positive results.
    If someone understands this differently from me I'd be keen to hear your interpretation.
    How can you be biased when all you are doing is counting hair?

Quote Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    How can you be biased when all you are doing is counting hair?

Since females were also present in the placebo group, I'm not overly concerned that some placebo subjects showed improvement. These high level results aren't very meaningful when male and female are grouped together since hairloss in males and females acts differently.

Quote Originally Posted by oracle View Post
    Since females were also present in the placebo group, I'm not overly concerned that some placebo subjects showed improvement. These high level results aren't very meaningful when male and female are grouped together since hairloss in males and females acts differently.
    Yeh i am not concerned at all. It's just that some people here thinks that you can some how "make" the results more positive and that the improvements in the placebo group is an indication of the researcher's desire for positive results

It works, but leave it to people on this forum to shit all over it. I'm sure there will be plenty of negativity even from positive news.

Personally, i'm excited.. I still have faith that this is the cure.