Threaded View

Default Love Life + Hair Loss (A rant for you to relate to)

Hey everybody,

I just needed to get this off my chest. I know many of the guys here understand but **** I am frustrated.

So basically I'm 23 years old and there's this girl in my class that I like but given my hairloss I can't bear to ask her out. I know that you should live life with no regrets but what the hell am I supposed to do when I look like shit.

Here's my hair as of today:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...6712#post26712

Not 1 other guy in my class has hairloss as bad as I do and the ones who have hair loss it looks completely normal. The only reason I can tell is because they are where I was at when I was 19.

Thus, women my age are not used to seeing men with hair loss unless they grew up in a house where their father is bald. Even in this case they associate baldness with being old and their dad. They would not want to have sex with their dad.

The girls my age all want to dress up and look sexy for the bar/club. They want to dance with the guys who are built, have nice hair, and are hot/cute. I no longer fit into any of these categories.

Here are my fears:

1. I can style my hair and grow it longer on the sides to cover up the extent of my receeded hairline but if I were to get intimate with a girl/we were making out and she ran her hands through my hair then she would find out how bad my hairline actually is. Never used to have this problem...

2. If I were in the shower with a girl, assuming I could get to that stage at this point in my life, then bam right there she'll see how bad my hair looks.

Recently we started hanging out more but I've gone to the club with this girl a few times and danced with her but it's more a friends thing I guess. I make her laugh all the time and she says she loves my jokes. We've got quite a bit in common but I am CERTAIN that she doesn't think of me the same way.

I made her and her friends martinis the other night to try to impress her and they loved it. But I think I'm just a sucker.

The group of us then got to talking about relationships and I told them some of the things I USED to do for girls I was dating and they were melting.

I just can't get over this barrier than I've built up. If I hate the way I look how can anyone else like the way I look? I'm so depressed that I just let my body go. I used to have muscle now I'm just a stick. This doesn't help my cause and I would definitely make my case easier if I had a nice body but I'm so depressed about my hair loss that I can't even bring myself to work out anymore.

THIS F**KING SUCKS. I really hate hair loss. It has ruined so many aspects of my life.

HOW CAN I GET OVER THIS AND ACTUALLY LIVE LIFE AGAIN? Every time I try to pick myself up I just end up in the dumps weeks later when something else triggers these thoughts.