Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmm Capixyl?

Default Hmm Capixyl?

I came across this today..

http://www.unipexinnovations.com/en/...p?id=54&y=2011

What do you guys think?

Hey there, sounds pretty good to me!
    Anything better than minox (as they say) is always welcome
    I'm really considering getting it, but first I need to contact them cuz things don't get to Portugal that fast (since it's a brand new product)...
    If it proves to be effective, it will be perfect to slow down my hair loss, and give time to Aderans or Histogen appear in the market. I'll let u guys know if I get it and share my results.
    Thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

Interesting...the website doesn't really give much information. It claims the product has been proven to be "more effective than the reference product on the market," but what exactly did the clinical studies entail? What were the protocols? Were there hair counts? What was the "reference product," and how did they measure effectiveness? Perhaps the biggest question of all, where are the before and after pictures showing that users of this product experienced a cosmetically significant benefit?

This product seemed to come out of nowhere, so I have a lot of questions. I noticed the website mentions that the product contains peptides. It's important to remember that with the next generation of hair loss treatmentscomes the next generation of hair loss scams. Now that Aderans and Histogen are part of the community's collective consciousness, I'm sure every snake oil company is going to start claiming that their product contains peptides or stem cells or some other such nonsense.

I'm not saying that this is a scam, in fact I really hope it is not, but we should be very skeptical of new products. As I've said before, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Has anyone tried contacting the company to see what other information they have?

Very true Thining@30, I just sent a request to them for more information about the science behind it, and also proof of how effective they claim it to be.
    I'll post the answer here.

"CapixylTM is a clinically proven alternative to address hair loss and boost hair growth!"

Why do they have to use an exclamation mark at the end? talk about scam rhetoric. On the other hand, they are talking about clinical trials, presentations, whilst making bold claims etc. So it could be worth checking out, whatever it is. Get on it guys, I'll keep my interest latent while you brave men jump in at the deep end

In fact, going off the company's website, it seems as though they're behind the technology but won't actually be the one's marketing it somehow... seems very odd tbh.

Ah, the in-cosmetics trade show, where it is being presented, takes place tomorrow in Milan I think.

*deep sigh*

Guys, this is just reinforced Minoxidil, much in the vein of *******.

Same hassles, same -more or less- gains, I would hardly call it a "Cutting Edge" treatment. No matter how they sell minox, it's still minox.

Right, but is it actually, literally minoxidil? as in, minoxidil, with, say 'x' .. I think, in this case, 'red clover extract'. On the same note, what the **** is a peptide?

You can Wiki peptides.

In simple, layman's terms they are small particles of any given substance that are absorbed biologically. I.e copper peptides that are famously good for your hair and included in a lot of the high-end "anti-hairloss" shampoos. Not really proven to be effective, at least to a degree that it would make a noticeable difference.

And yes, it is Minoxidl with clover and bells and whistles. If you research similar "brand name" Minox solutions, they never come right out and tell you "Hey it's minox!" because then you could just get the generic version and they'd lose a pretty penny over it.

With proven treatments, ALWAYS go for the generic version. Saves you a TON of money and you're getting the same chemicals.

Is minoxidil in the ingredients?